American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited longer than expected before I was called back for the interview. The district manager and vice president of the region interviewed me. It was a little intimidating; however, the questions were not to bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you win an argument?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Phone Interview for starters, wanted to bring me in for further interviews. I'm unsure as to whether or not I will proceed.

The initial screen was conducted via phone, wasn't really as much of an interview as it felt like a sales pitch on who the company was/what they did. Might be a result of the poorly written job description.

As I was asked about my work history, I felt that I was being interrupted a lot to make the interview as short as possible. I get it, she had other interviews and had a schedule to keep, but when I had questions about things after the formal phone interview, I received repeat answers that didn't make sense/"I'm not sure how to answer that."

This isn't meant to shame the company or the person trying to do her job, but it felt very underwhelming and poorly organized.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about work history and whether or not I understood what Google Maps were   1 Answer

Digital Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

The recruiter on the phone was amazing. The in person interview was horrible. She wasn't ready for me when I arrived - interview started later then scheduled even thought I arrived early. She made me feel stupid for the questions I asked. Very snotty. Everyone working looked miserable. It didn't seem like the coworkers liked each other. Bad vibe.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I was called by a "hiring manager" who asked me simple questions about my background. She then wanted me to come in for an interview in Eau Claire, WI. I was applying for a Minneapolis position (2 hours from my home). The interview lasted only 30 minutes and it was interrupted by another interviewee 20 minutes in. It was honestly one of the worst and most unprofessional experiences I have ever had in my life. I basically spent an entire day on this interview and felt like they completely disrespected my time. I also felt like they had their mind made up before I even walked in.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current positions.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable going door to door to businesses?   1 Answer

Hiring Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring person I spoke with prior to my main interview was almost too nice almost to the point of being fake. When I went in for an actual face to face interview, I was 15 minutes early and didn't get called in until 15 minutes after the interview was supposed to start. It was a nice conversation though. My negativity comes from the rejection email I received the following week that was very condescending and seemed like it was written in a way that could be sent to everyone they reject rather than being personable. After reading other reviews on Glassdoor it seems as though they don't have time to be personable because their turnover rate is so high.

External Sales Interview

Interview

I applied on Linkedin and was connected a few days later by a Senior Hiring Manager. She called me and I thought she was just setting up a time for an interview however this was the interview so I was a little under prepared. However, the conversation was good and lasted a while, she was very nice. I have a skype interview with a different manager following.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your current school? What are you involved in at school? Do you have any leadership positions?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Very relaxed, conversational exploration of my history, both professional and personal. Interviewer started by saying that he wanted the conversation to be "like we're having a couple beers and conversing with each other." It was easy to be myself and feel relaxed. Interviewer went through my resume, but didn't ask me too much about what I do in my current position, but rather focused on my personality and how I interacted with him. Overall, it was one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Marketing & Publishing?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Applied online. First call was from a recruiter. The recruiter spent more time selling me on the job than I spent selling myself. Second interview had to sell more of myself. Questions about high school (been awhile since I was in high school)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their hiring managers. I was offered an interview on the second phone call. Two days later I interviewed at one of their account manager call centers. It took about 30 minutes and the interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself amongst your peers prior to high school?
      Describe yourself in three words.
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the next day, then a second phone interview, then an in person interview.

They really sell you on the job during the phone interviews, making the job seem like its more involved than it actually is. The hiring manager answered all of my questions positively, but either lied or didn't know what the position was exactly. I asked questions like "Will I need to know SEO for this job?" "yes but there will be training for that!" and more of that nature.
    When I got to the in person interview I found out that it was just simple administrative work and I'd just be moving data from one database to another. We were not on the same page at all.