American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited longer than expected before I was called back for the interview. The district manager and vice president of the region interviewed me. It was a little intimidating; however, the questions were not to bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you win an argument?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Recruiters call ANYONE AND EVERYONE... then phone interview. Then interview w DM .. THEN SCRIPT MEMORIZATION . Then hired (they hire anyone anymore) then week training then you hit the sales field solo

Negotiation

None

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mokena, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Mokena, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

They market the job to you. First you are contacted by phone and a phone interview ensues. They are very personable and schedule a 1:1 follow-up, but both interviews act more to sell you the job. Everything about the job was thoroughly explained, even the complaints viewed on glass door were things i was told to expect on the job: work all the time, tons of rejection, intense training, rapid termination if you don't perform.

Interview Questions

I enjoy sales and don't want to get burned out.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Was recruited through college job fair. 1st interview was phone interview and was the basic interview questions. Was called back for a second in person interview. Interview revolved around to find out who I really was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Greenwood, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very structured interview process. I was asked ten questions that are standard for their company. Make sure to bring a resume because they ask you for one when you walk in. Takes about 10-15 minutes total. Mine turned into more of a conversation than an interview near the end. They really just want to hear how much you want to sell their product. If you aren't enthusiastic about the job, you won't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without bringing up your professional background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a Hiring Manager who was super awesome and nice, and then she set up an appointment with the District Manager immediately. Then I went to some shady office in Greenwood. Thought it was like a legit office you know with a receptionist and everything... so I walked in...and nope it was the actual guys' OFFICE office that looked like nothing was in it. They let me know the next day through e-mail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Phone interview then a face to face interview, phone interview was longer around 30 minutes. Woman I spoke with was very energetic and upbeat, really up sold the job. When I went in for the face to face interview, it was a shadier office. There were women who I think we're customer service, swearing and dressed in goodies and yoga pants in the office. The man I interviewed with seemed as if I was wasting his time. Not a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call the next day, after applying through indeed. The recruiter over the phone was great and was able to keep the conversation going unlike some recruiters. I got an interview set up, but it was for a town about 1 hour and 30 minutes away (even though there was a closer office). When I got there for my interview, it was hard to find the place. I waited for 30 minutes passed my appt time, they got me and we talked. The office was out of shape, even if renting a space. The desk was not professional, the ceiling tiles were water stained. So my overall interview experience was not pleasant. Also, the person I had a face to face interview had a straight face the whole time. This seems promising for starter people, but not for me. You get a base salary, benefits, paid holidays, and paid days off. However, you have to use your own car with a small car allowance per month. I asked where they got there leads from and I was told they use existing accounts and they go door to door to solicit small businesses. I wouldn't want to be bothered that way... We have advanced technology called a phone, email, and other methods.... I didn't like that the Homepages is just a premium yellow book. I personally don't use these so don't know why a business would. I am young and use online sources. That is where the market is really. I wasn't able to find any great reviews from customers online either. All the reviewing was from existing employees. That is the one thing I do know is look for employee reviews and customer reviews. I don't want to work somewhere where customers don't like the business. I asked about how you can help a customer if they have any issues. I was just told that we do have a customer service line. One thing about being a S/R you want to ensure your customers are happy. You can just push sales and not have that sales rep help the customer with issues. I understand some issues need to go through CS, but S/R need to be able to help with general inquiries at times. This is a new age...One last thing, I asked about there commission package and they didn't tell me as they were "rolling out" a new package.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

It's not an interview. They basically ask you if you want the job. You will not believe the kind of people they end up hiring. You go on a ride along with another rep and they show you what a day is like. They pair you with someone who's really good and has been in the town for a while. So it looks relatively simple

Interview Questions

• Do you mind being uncomfortable?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Hiring Manager saw my resume on Monster and contacted me to give me more information about the company and the position. She asked about my background and sales experience. She seemed really passionate about her position and why I would be a great fit for the position. She scheduled me for an in-person interview the following week. One thing I really liked about the interview process was the observation day. I shadowed a sales rep in the field and got a good feel for the work. This really helped me make my decision that this was the right company and position for me.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest accomplishment in my career thus far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I am uncertain why there are so many negative reviews regarding this company and position. I had a very positive interview experience and I felt the recruiter was very honest about the expectations. I interviewed with a phenomenal recruiter who explained everything from the bonus structure, the expectation you call on 40 businesses per day and the GPS tracking. I then had the opportunity to do a ride along with a truly amazing and inspiring sales rep! I ultimately decided I did not want to pursue a sales/commission job due to being a single mother and opted for a salary position instead. There is without a doubt a lot of money to be made in this position, but it definitely requires a lot of dedication and perseverance.
    Overall I had a great experience with everyone I met in the company and I like the direction they are heading with the text marketing and digital media packages. I think this would be an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.