American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited longer than expected before I was called back for the interview. The district manager and vice president of the region interviewed me. It was a little intimidating; however, the questions were not to bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you win an argument?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Recruiters call ANYONE AND EVERYONE... then phone interview. Then interview w DM .. THEN SCRIPT MEMORIZATION . Then hired (they hire anyone anymore) then week training then you hit the sales field solo

Negotiation

None

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mokena, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Mokena, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

They market the job to you. First you are contacted by phone and a phone interview ensues. They are very personable and schedule a 1:1 follow-up, but both interviews act more to sell you the job. Everything about the job was thoroughly explained, even the complaints viewed on glass door were things i was told to expect on the job: work all the time, tons of rejection, intense training, rapid termination if you don't perform.

Interview Questions

I enjoy sales and don't want to get burned out.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Brentwood, TN) in July 2019.

Interview

District manager did a great job of deciding the work, very transparent, has you ride with an experienced rep to get real day in the life experience before accepting the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrillville, IN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Merrillville, IN) in February 2011.

Interview

Was initially contacted by e-mail by their National recruiter, who then called the following day for a 10 minute phone interview. After the interview I agreed to a face to face interview with one of their VP's.

Before this meeting I had to complete an on-line application and upload a resume.

The interview itself is a review of your resume with some background work questions. Ask questions regarding their requirements and get clarification on salary and commissions.

Interview Questions

• Going back to the ages of 9 -15, what life event stood out that reflects who you are today?   Answer Question
    • In respect to upward mobility within the company, what position would you most like to have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, OH

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Morrow, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Mr. Edwards is a strong and motivated young manager. His questions were appropriate and not overly challenging. I found the process to be thorough and informative. It was clear that this would be a challenging position that may not be for everyone but left the impression that those that work have an opportunity to be well rewarded.

Interview Questions

• What skills from your experience would be helpful to you in this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter several times by phone and e-mail. After researching the position and the company I replied to the recruiter who then contacted me for a phone interview. I was immediately set up with an interview next day with the District Sales Manager in the region I was applying for. Both the recruiter and the sales manager were very friendly and seemed generally excited about the hiring process. The interview had a laid back intensity to it. The questions were typical and easily predicted. The toughest part about the interview was displaying a strong work ethic and aggressive personality. At least three of the questions asked refer to how hard have you worked in a previous job. They really want to convey that the reality of the job is not fun and games it is a 70 hour work week, pavement pounding, "hunting" for sales kind of "career" not a J.O.B.

Interview Questions

• At what job have you worked the hardest?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Cleveland, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person and one that you drive around with your manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. The questions were nothing. Listen to them talk about the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (DeKalb, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview was very thorough and I really enjoyed the ride day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Columbus, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a hiring manager via e-mail with informtation about the company and an invitation to talk/set up a phone interview to discuss the position. The phone interview went very smoothly, discussing the position and some expectations, so a one on one interview was scheduled with the district manager for the next day. The interview was very open-ended and brief, lasting probably no more than 15 minutes He simply asked me to describe myself, without asking me any questions prior. Some discusion came from this and I was told the next step of the interview process consisted of a "ride along" observation day to observe a sales representative in the field. This is where I actually learned about the position, since not much was clarified in the interview. I was told in the interview that the prospective businesses to be contacted for sales would be provided for the representative, and learned in my ride along that that is not the case, and it is the sales rep. responsibility. It just seems very isolated and unsupported in that sense.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't really formed until I began describing myself. It was very open ended, which mean I had to think quickly and was on my toes and nervous.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in April 2018.

Interview

The interviews were pretty easy but not planned very well. I showed up early and was not asked to come in until 10 minutes after my scheduled time. After that I did a shadow day. It was very boring. (Also, they send a very strict dress code, then the person I am shadowing shows up in sweats...what?) Anyways, I got an offer but found out that a lot of people quit shortly after starting because it is a very repetitive and boring job. If you are a college grad and want somewhere fun and a good career starter, this probably is not it.

Interview Questions

• top 3 strengths and top 3 weaknesses   1 Answer