American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited longer than expected before I was called back for the interview. The district manager and vice president of the region interviewed me. It was a little intimidating; however, the questions were not to bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you win an argument?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (DeKalb, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

I first did a phone screening where the questions were pretty average and the woman I talked to was very nice. I scheduled an in person interview where the questions were very strange and the interviewer (Brandi) constantly cut me off while I was answering her questions and honestly didn't seem interested in my answers.

Interview Questions

• What was a childhood experience that shaped who you are?
      What was something you did as a child that you're proud of?
      Who has had the biggest influence on your life?   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing in April 2018.

Interview

The interviews were pretty easy but not planned very well. I showed up early and was not asked to come in until 10 minutes after my scheduled time. After that I did a shadow day. It was very boring. (Also, they send a very strict dress code, then the person I am shadowing shows up in sweats...what?) Anyways, I got an offer but found out that a lot of people quit shortly after starting because it is a very repetitive and boring job. If you are a college grad and want somewhere fun and a good career starter, this probably is not it.

Interview Questions

• top 3 strengths and top 3 weaknesses   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Carmel, IN).

Interview

The interviewer showed up a half an hour late, and blamed the HR person for not rescheduling. I stood outside a locked office just waiting. The interviewer was more or less giving more information on the company. This is a sales position rather than a marketing position. This was at the Carmel, IN office.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Valparaiso, IN).

Interview

The interview was unprofessional; the guy who interviewed me kept talking about how he creeps on people on Facebook with a fake account, and how when he got his girlfriend pregnant that he had to marry her after.

Interview Questions

• If I ever created a fake Facebook to creep as well.   1 Answer

American Marketing and Publishing Response

Dec 13, 2017 – Recruiting

This is an extremely abnormal experience so much so that we’d appreciate the opportunity to hear more specifics about your interviewing experience. We’re hoping you’ll call our CRO, Chad Campbell... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Everything went great. Very laid back and positive. They have great follow up and very detailed information. I was asked to do a ride along to see if this is a career I would enjoy. I am looking forward to it !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Huntsville, AL) in October 2017.

Interview

I drove an hour and 15 Minutes to interview for not quite 30 Minutes . I had a phone interview with a recruiter before I moved on to the interview with the district manager. I could tell during the interview that I WAS NOT GOING TO get to the next step. I am a minority and if you look at company photos you will see that the company is not practice diversity. Basically, you see.maybe 1 or 2 minorities. I have an extensive background in digital advertising sales and 2 degrees but it is obvious I wouldn't have fit in with their culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mokena, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Mokena, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for job in DeKalb, IL, and received a phone interview 24 hours later. The interviewer said he liked me a lot, and got me a personal interview 2 days later. After a 22 mile drive, I had time to read their monthly newsletter and was impressed by others' successes. My interview was probably 40 minutes, many questions asked, and I was asked to do a quick sales pitch to someone who had a No Solicitors sign on door. He said I was the best interview he had all week, and I left awaiting contact for an observation day. 3 days later I received an email excluding me from further consideration. I am 66.

Interview Questions

• Can you tolerate people saying no to you? How would you introduce yourself to a business with a No Solicitors sign on Door?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Cookie Cutter questions that do not determine whether you are a good sales person. Interview took 20 min and interviewer constantly cut me off. Person was late to interview by about 30-45 min.

Interview Questions

• what is your definition of a hard worker?   1 Answer

Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Very fast paced, seemed very scripted. Felt like the interviewer was not focused on my answers rather than just getting through the process so they can move you forward in the hiring process and see if you sink or swim with the job. Was not satisfied with the experience. Would be careful going through with this company, hopefully they will change the process and inspire confidence in the applicants instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words.   1 Answer

B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Brookfield, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

The process and my correspondence with Kelly B. the hiring manager was very pleasant. I did an initial phone interview, she gave me more info about the job and such. Then I was asked to do a face to face interview, Kelly even wished me good luck. The interview was very fun, but they did give you more info about the downside of the job then. You are expected to do a lot of independent research and work until 7pm 2 days a week. You are also required to go to 40 business in one day. Before I left the interview I was promised more than once that we would be moving forward. After 2 days of not scheduling a ride along I reached out to Kelly. A copy and paste email informed me that I wasn't the right fit. It was very unprofessional in my opinion to make false promises to prospective employees.