American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a Hiring Manager who was super awesome and nice, and then she set up an appointment with the District Manager immediately. Then I went to some shady office in Greenwood. Thought it was like a legit office you know with a receptionist and everything... so I walked in...and nope it was the actual guys' OFFICE office that looked like nothing was in it. They let me know the next day through e-mail.

Hiring Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (DeKalb, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The initial phone screen lasted 15-20 minutes. Be prepared to answer basic questions about your background and resume, after that they do most of the talking (inform about company and role). They just want to find out if you would be a good fit for their company. Advice - Be enthusiastic!

The second interview was face to face and lasted about 20-25 minutes. A very basic interview process. Discuss compensation and other details. Advice - Relax and simply be yourself!

The final interview is a job shadow where they have you come observe for about 2 hours. They want to know your thoughts and then they discuss any remaining questions you may have. They offered me a job right then and there. Advice - Come prepared to ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. What was your greatest accomplishment before graduating high school?
      2. Describe yourself in 3 words.
      3. What role do you play among your friend group?
      4. If you had to redefine hard work what would you say?
      2 Answers

Inside Sales Interview

Interview

Applied, got a call next day who asked about background (somewhat phone interview), she said she feels like I would be fit for job so she extended an interview. Interview was easy and got a call next day for final interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Was recruited through college job fair. 1st interview was phone interview and was the basic interview questions. Was called back for a second in person interview. Interview revolved around to find out who I really was.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

If they like your resume then you will get a email stating that they would like to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview is very easy, almost like talking to a friend. The in person interview is hard- you need to be able to brag and prove that this is the job that you want.

"Salaried Advertising Sales Position" Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (DeKalb, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Company's job description claimed to offer double DeKalb, IL's average salary and $20,000 over the national average according to CityData and the Bureau of Labor Statistics, respectively. I wanted to learn more.

I did an internet search for "questions to ask hiring managers," picked a few then sent them as a reply to the email inviting me in for an interview. I didn't know asking basic questions would upset her. The recruiter's second email was laser-focused focused on talking down to me, telling me how experienced she is and how getting hired at this company would be a "life changing opportunity" for anyone.

She reminded me of this Tyra Banks reference on Family Guy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCis1wa5LYo .
    I would never want to speak to (or work with) someone so unprofessional and unable to answer basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Greenwood, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very structured interview process. I was asked ten questions that are standard for their company. Make sure to bring a resume because they ask you for one when you walk in. Takes about 10-15 minutes total. Mine turned into more of a conversation than an interview near the end. They really just want to hear how much you want to sell their product. If you aren't enthusiastic about the job, you won't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without bringing up your professional background.   1 Answer

Advertising Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

I interviewed at my university and it was a very relaxed interview. The interviewer speaks about the company and the position most of the allotted time. After the interview, they set up a job shadow. This is a really good opportunity to get a feel for the position- lots travel and sales. This would be a really good fit for someone who's incentivized by money.

Interview Questions

• Are you organized? Tell me about your experience with X... What did you like/not like about your position? How driven are you by money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was really relaxed and took about an hour. I received a second interview within a week. The office was a little difficult to find, but that can be chalked up to the fact that my phone died and I had no GPS. Everything was positive and conversational. They also were very informative and answered all of my questions before I could even ask them.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter for about 30 minutes. She then arranged an in person interview the next week. The week after the in person interview, I completed a job shadow in the field with one of the assistant managers. I was offered the job the next day.