American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Marketing and Publishing Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

External Sales Interview

Interview

I applied on Linkedin and was connected a few days later by a Senior Hiring Manager. She called me and I thought she was just setting up a time for an interview however this was the interview so I was a little under prepared. However, the conversation was good and lasted a while, she was very nice. I have a skype interview with a different manager following.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your current school? What are you involved in at school? Do you have any leadership positions?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Very relaxed, conversational exploration of my history, both professional and personal. Interviewer started by saying that he wanted the conversation to be "like we're having a couple beers and conversing with each other." It was easy to be myself and feel relaxed. Interviewer went through my resume, but didn't ask me too much about what I do in my current position, but rather focused on my personality and how I interacted with him. Overall, it was one of the most comfortable interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about American Marketing & Publishing?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited longer than expected before I was called back for the interview. The district manager and vice president of the region interviewed me. It was a little intimidating; however, the questions were not to bad.

Interview Questions

• How do you win an argument?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Applied online. First call was from a recruiter. The recruiter spent more time selling me on the job than I spent selling myself. Second interview had to sell more of myself. Questions about high school (been awhile since I was in high school)

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their hiring managers. I was offered an interview on the second phone call. Two days later I interviewed at one of their account manager call centers. It took about 30 minutes and the interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself amongst your peers prior to high school?
      Describe yourself in three words.
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back the next day, then a second phone interview, then an in person interview.

They really sell you on the job during the phone interviews, making the job seem like its more involved than it actually is. The hiring manager answered all of my questions positively, but either lied or didn't know what the position was exactly. I asked questions like "Will I need to know SEO for this job?" "yes but there will be training for that!" and more of that nature.
    When I got to the in person interview I found out that it was just simple administrative work and I'd just be moving data from one database to another. We were not on the same page at all.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Following a brief phone screening, I was scheduled for a 1:1 interview with the area manager. Area manager was nice and the questions were fairly straightforward. The manager did not ask the typical behavioral interview questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process was excellent. In person interviews and also shadowing to let both parties know if the job was a fit for each side. By riding along with the representative I got a good feel to see if the career was going to be for me.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Brentwood, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview with your district manager. After that they set up a ride day where you get to ride with another employee. It was very helpful. After your ride day you can accept the job. You will then be asked to memorize a script and present it to your manager. Then you will start training

Business to Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Freeport, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was by phone. The hiring manager I spoke with was very upbeat and informative. Second will be a face to face interview with the district manager then shadowing the general manager.

Interview Questions

• What types of things are you hoping to accomplish in your career?   Answer Question