American Marketing and Publishing Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I was called by a "hiring manager" who asked me simple questions about my background. She then wanted me to come in for an interview in Eau Claire, WI. I was applying for a Minneapolis position (2 hours from my home). The interview lasted only 30 minutes and it was interrupted by another interviewee 20 minutes in. It was honestly one of the worst and most unprofessional experiences I have ever had in my life. I basically spent an entire day on this interview and felt like they completely disrespected my time. I also felt like they had their mind made up before I even walked in.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current positions.   Answer Question
  • Are you comfortable going door to door to businesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their hiring managers. I was offered an interview on the second phone call. Two days later I interviewed at one of their account manager call centers. It took about 30 minutes and the interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself amongst your peers prior to high school?
      Describe yourself in three words.
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Brentwood, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview with your district manager. After that they set up a ride day where you get to ride with another employee. It was very helpful. After your ride day you can accept the job. You will then be asked to memorize a script and present it to your manager. Then you will start training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Phone interview then a face to face interview, phone interview was longer around 30 minutes. Woman I spoke with was very energetic and upbeat, really up sold the job. When I went in for the face to face interview, it was a shadier office. There were women who I think we're customer service, swearing and dressed in goodies and yoga pants in the office. The man I interviewed with seemed as if I was wasting his time. Not a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a Hiring Manager who was super awesome and nice, and then she set up an appointment with the District Manager immediately. Then I went to some shady office in Greenwood. Thought it was like a legit office you know with a receptionist and everything... so I walked in...and nope it was the actual guys' OFFICE office that looked like nothing was in it. They let me know the next day through e-mail.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Was recruited through college job fair. 1st interview was phone interview and was the basic interview questions. Was called back for a second in person interview. Interview revolved around to find out who I really was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Greenwood, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very structured interview process. I was asked ten questions that are standard for their company. Make sure to bring a resume because they ask you for one when you walk in. Takes about 10-15 minutes total. Mine turned into more of a conversation than an interview near the end. They really just want to hear how much you want to sell their product. If you aren't enthusiastic about the job, you won't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without bringing up your professional background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call the next day, after applying through indeed. The recruiter over the phone was great and was able to keep the conversation going unlike some recruiters. I got an interview set up, but it was for a town about 1 hour and 30 minutes away (even though there was a closer office). When I got there for my interview, it was hard to find the place. I waited for 30 minutes passed my appt time, they got me and we talked. The office was out of shape, even if renting a space. The desk was not professional, the ceiling tiles were water stained. So my overall interview experience was not pleasant. Also, the person I had a face to face interview had a straight face the whole time. This seems promising for starter people, but not for me. You get a base salary, benefits, paid holidays, and paid days off. However, you have to use your own car with a small car allowance per month. I asked where they got there leads from and I was told they use existing accounts and they go door to door to solicit small businesses. I wouldn't want to be bothered that way... We have advanced technology called a phone, email, and other methods.... I didn't like that the Homepages is just a premium yellow book. I personally don't use these so don't know why a business would. I am young and use online sources. That is where the market is really. I wasn't able to find any great reviews from customers online either. All the reviewing was from existing employees. That is the one thing I do know is look for employee reviews and customer reviews. I don't want to work somewhere where customers don't like the business. I asked about how you can help a customer if they have any issues. I was just told that we do have a customer service line. One thing about being a S/R you want to ensure your customers are happy. You can just push sales and not have that sales rep help the customer with issues. I understand some issues need to go through CS, but S/R need to be able to help with general inquiries at times. This is a new age...One last thing, I asked about there commission package and they didn't tell me as they were "rolling out" a new package.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Hiring Manager saw my resume on Monster and contacted me to give me more information about the company and the position. She asked about my background and sales experience. She seemed really passionate about her position and why I would be a great fit for the position. She scheduled me for an in-person interview the following week. One thing I really liked about the interview process was the observation day. I shadowed a sales rep in the field and got a good feel for the work. This really helped me make my decision that this was the right company and position for me.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest accomplishment in my career thus far?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

They found my resume through my university and called me to schedule and phone interview. Then they never called for the interview. I did not get an email explaining why they did not call for the interview. My only contact with them was when they called me saying they were interested and wanted to set up an interview.