American Marketing and Publishing Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.5

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Peoria, IL).

Interview

Everything went great. Very laid back and positive. They have great follow up and very detailed information. I was asked to do a ride along to see if this is a career I would enjoy. I am looking forward to it !

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Marketing and Publishing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Huntsville, AL) in October 2017.

Interview

I drove an hour and 15 Minutes to interview for not quite 30 Minutes . I had a phone interview with a recruiter before I moved on to the interview with the district manager. I could tell during the interview that I WAS NOT GOING TO get to the next step. I am a minority and if you look at company photos you will see that the company is not practice diversity. Basically, you see.maybe 1 or 2 minorities. I have an extensive background in digital advertising sales and 2 degrees but it is obvious I wouldn't have fit in with their culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mokena, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Mokena, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for job in DeKalb, IL, and received a phone interview 24 hours later. The interviewer said he liked me a lot, and got me a personal interview 2 days later. After a 22 mile drive, I had time to read their monthly newsletter and was impressed by others' successes. My interview was probably 40 minutes, many questions asked, and I was asked to do a quick sales pitch to someone who had a No Solicitors sign on door. He said I was the best interview he had all week, and I left awaiting contact for an observation day. 3 days later I received an email excluding me from further consideration. I am 66.

Interview Questions

• Can you tolerate people saying no to you? How would you introduce yourself to a business with a No Solicitors sign on Door?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

I was called by a "hiring manager" who asked me simple questions about my background. She then wanted me to come in for an interview in Eau Claire, WI. I was applying for a Minneapolis position (2 hours from my home). The interview lasted only 30 minutes and it was interrupted by another interviewee 20 minutes in. It was honestly one of the worst and most unprofessional experiences I have ever had in my life. I basically spent an entire day on this interview and felt like they completely disrespected my time. I also felt like they had their mind made up before I even walked in.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current positions.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable going door to door to businesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their hiring managers. I was offered an interview on the second phone call. Two days later I interviewed at one of their account manager call centers. It took about 30 minutes and the interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself amongst your peers prior to high school?
      Describe yourself in three words.
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Brentwood, TN) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview with your district manager. After that they set up a ride day where you get to ride with another employee. It was very helpful. After your ride day you can accept the job. You will then be asked to memorize a script and present it to your manager. Then you will start training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Phone interview then a face to face interview, phone interview was longer around 30 minutes. Woman I spoke with was very energetic and upbeat, really up sold the job. When I went in for the face to face interview, it was a shadier office. There were women who I think we're customer service, swearing and dressed in goodies and yoga pants in the office. The man I interviewed with seemed as if I was wasting his time. Not a pleasant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a Hiring Manager who was super awesome and nice, and then she set up an appointment with the District Manager immediately. Then I went to some shady office in Greenwood. Thought it was like a legit office you know with a receptionist and everything... so I walked in...and nope it was the actual guys' OFFICE office that looked like nothing was in it. They let me know the next day through e-mail.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing.

Interview

Was recruited through college job fair. 1st interview was phone interview and was the basic interview questions. Was called back for a second in person interview. Interview revolved around to find out who I really was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Marketing and Publishing (Greenwood, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Very structured interview process. I was asked ten questions that are standard for their company. Make sure to bring a resume because they ask you for one when you walk in. Takes about 10-15 minutes total. Mine turned into more of a conversation than an interview near the end. They really just want to hear how much you want to sell their product. If you aren't enthusiastic about the job, you won't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself without bringing up your professional background.   1 Answer