American Medical Response Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Medical Response

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Nice ppl. It was a good experience that didn't involve rubber gloves or coughing. They called me in and discussed work history. Pretty normal interview process. There really isn't a lot more to tell than this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Medical Response.

Interview

Every station is different but if you expect a written test similar to national registry, a skills testing portion, and a oral interview with a 3 person panel ~ usually a supervisor, an EMT, and a Paramedic. The oral interview they want to see that you are confident in yourself and your answers, and that you are prepared for the technical aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Medical Response.

Interview

Easy and short Interview with Tim. Hired on the spot. Usually lots of hires due to a high turn over rate. Not a difficult interview. Bring necessary papers and documents. Entire hiring process takes a few months.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

it was friendly and fun. no complaints. not sure what else to say. interview was a long time ago and i don't remember much. trying to make 30 words on this is difficult.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Buffalo, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I'm not sure it has been a long time since I interviewed. I haven't had to in a long time but if you have a card then they will take you.

Interview Questions

• Do u have a driver's license?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Topeka, KS) in July 2009.

Interview

AMR loses applications routinely. The disconnect between HR and Ops is laughable. Almost everyone has a "story" about their issues getting an interview. Written test is nothing to slouch off about. Interview process depends on how desperate they are to get warm bodies in the ambulances

Interview Questions

• The written test is much easier for new medics & EMT's than those who have been out of school for awhile.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation really.

Paramedic Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Medical Response.

Interview

Was a joke. Walk in doesn't matter how your dressed. You have a pulse you have a job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you wan't to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is what we are paying take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Newnan, GA) in July 2011.

Interview

When This division opened up, the hiring process was quick and efficient. Everyone was supportive. Over the last few years, I have heard from several public safety workers that had started the hiring process with AMR not completing it.

Negotiation

I was coming from a job that was paying much less. I did not need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

It wasn't difficult to get hired here. Interview were a lot of "when have you experienced this" type of questions. No scenario based questions. You do have to take an exam based on your certification level, but it isn't difficult.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pay based on experience. There are some EMT-B there that makes more than paramedics.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy to get hired, have a paramedic license/or EMT certification, have a pulse, and do not have a felonous record.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Based off of my certifications and my years of experience as a paramedic.