American Medical Response Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Medical Response Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2017

2.2

EMT-Basic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Medical Response.

Interview

Easy. Stupid easy. Still stations. Meet with HR. Physical agility test. A monkey could pass this. If you have a pulse, and half a brain you're good to go. You will build skills, for good bad or ugly and work in EMS.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was fast and easy. Study your acronyms, and be prepared to list symptoms of diseases and conditions, especially relating to respiratory, cardiac, and shock. My scenario was painless, just focus, breathe, think, and make sure to move through your steps methodically and it will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• List three types of seizures and indicating symptoms of each.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Easy going, friendly interviewer, I received an offer for the job about a week after the interview. Ibelieve it was not a fair offer since average here is between $13-$14 and what they offered me was $ 8.68/hr on 24/hr shifts.... To be honest i'll rather be flipping burgers at mcD's and maje more money...that was way under paid.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Straight to the point. Honest about company expectations and flaws. Friendly personalities and gave good insight as to what the field requires. After the interview I felt they were honest about how I did in the interview and feel confident that they will give me feedback soon enough.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to continue reaching your personal goals?   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Interview

Very nice and diverse group of people, the interview was a great length of time, they are very friendly and welcoming to individuals coming to interview with AMR. I was able to come casual business attire.

Call Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fast-moving interview with very basic questions. Important to be on-time. Check in with the very friendly receptionist at the front desk and be polite. Interview was offered within 12 hours of application, and acceptance very quickly after that. Dress in NW business casual, avoiding jeans. Be interested and excited to learn about the job.

Interview Questions

• What does brand awareness and brand loyalty mean to you?   1 Answer

EMT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Mesa, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was super easy. I got 2 medics that worked in the east valley. They told me straight up it was a laid back interview and just read generic questions and wrote down my responses.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a difficult situation and what did you do to make it a positive situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Mesa, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Created a profile online to apply for open positions, got asked to complete a PAT and drug screen, then got asked to come in for an interview. On the day of the interview, was asked to pick a local union group, got interviewed by 2 field employees (questions were basic), got an offer letter shortly after that and started new hire orientation and emergency vehicle operator course, followed by precepting shifts on various ambulances for two to three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were faced with a difficult (stressful/moral) situation at work. How did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

A veteran EMT interviewed me. It was very easy going he asked me to do his. Pulse &BP. Once I was done he asked me some question. Asked if I had any questions for him, then he told me to come back for the physical portion

Interview Questions

• What are 3 important to think about when running lights and sirans   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Medical Response (Akron, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

One on one interview with Supervisor or Akron/Canton AMR. I walked in talked to the supervisor built rapport first then got into the informal/formal questions, I asked him some questions of my own and was offered a job on the spot.
    Atmosphere: Queit Supervisors Office, comfortable
    Attire: I wore a Gray 2 button suit, white collar, blue tie
    Supervisor wore AMR (white collar) uniform

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you felt with a patient who refuse care.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encouraged teamwork.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you promoted safety.   Answer Question
    • Scenario Based questions, what would you if... These were very easy questions 4 to be exact on safety, and temperament type questions.   Answer Question