American Mortgage Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Mortgage Consultants Interview Questions

Interviews at American Mortgage Consultants

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter hired for part time informed can work anytime from 6am to 12pm, moved to HR department and verified time able to work and computer i will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Access to computer, and if have to monitors   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online, Interview over the phone, receive a test link if you pass the initial application process, pass a 4 hour test, and get a training start date. The test is relatively easy if you have direct experience. If you do not, you will have a very hard time passing the test. Once you pass your test, you will need to pass background and a 5-panel drug test.

Interview Questions

• Standard Competency Based questions.. Tell me about a time when...

Very relaxed interview. You will be asked about your direct underwriting experience, and any servicing experience you have. AMC prefers you have a minimum of 3 years underwriting / loan servicing experience, so be prepared to answer questions specific to underwriting.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid based on performance. If you are converted, you will get an hourly salary, with no pay for production.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2018.

Interview

I submitted an app thru Indeed and shortly thereafter received the invitation to test. Test took about 90 minutes or so and brushed on various areas to include compliance, front line and servicing.
    About a week later I received an email from a recruiter making an informal offer and then advising me that HR would reach out to me to complete the process.
    So far it has been a very smooth process. One thing that was different has been that you have to take your I9 docs to a company for verification. I have been working remotely for over 10 years and this is the first time that I have not just scanned them over.
    The job is pay per file, which many firms as this are now. Price varies based on assignment. It has been my experience, do a good job and you’ll do well and generally always have work. I previously worked an assignment like this and it was one of my favorite jobs and I was sad when it ended.
    I look forward to this new venture.

Mortgage Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants.

Interview

Take a test, if you pass, you will get a phone interview. Test is a 3-4 hour test that will show if you are knowlegable about the loan process. Not something you can Google. Phone interview is basic. Had verbal job offer during interview.

Interview Questions

• Why will you be successful working from home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. You are made an offer. No negotiation.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants in January 2014.

Interview

Nothing to it! After you pass the test, they called me right away, Offered me the position, I accepted, drug screen and I started within two weeks

Interview Questions

• Basic experience questions. But they still have a test. Can't bluff on that. If you have been in the industry for a few years........ you will pass.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants in July 2012.

Interview

You apply on their website and are immediately sent a link to take an assessment that goes over mortgage related and/or credit related questions. It is a lengthy test and you have to pass in order to advance to the phone interview. This is not something you will be able to "Google" or a basic skills assessment, it is an industry standard test and even if you were able to pass by guessing they would know very quickly you had no idea what you were doing. Phone interview is more informative and new hire packet is emailed, returned and you are enrolled in training. Training is until you are proficient with their proprietary software and are making minimal errors. Training is paid at a nominal amount of $10-12 an hour. Once you are staffed on a live assignment the pay increases to $20-35 a file depending on the complexity involved.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be successful working from home?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There honestly isn't any negotiation. You are staffed to an assignment based on your weekly availability and you are paid on a per file set rate for the job.

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I only made it to the first part of the process. My background is in mortgage, but not underwriting. I was sent the online test after submitting my application and making clear I was not an underwriter.

Interview Questions

• Online test is obviously for an underwriting position and if you don't have this background, you will not pass it.   1 Answer

Underwriting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants (Phoneton, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

It was thorough and very misleading. I asked all the right questions about compensation and received total misrepresentation and lies. Performance standards were not in line with those communicated dsuring the interview. It, again, was a total fabrication.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants in February 2017.

Interview

Once you apply online, you have to take an online assessment up to 3 hours. This is a mortgage assessment. They want to see what area you are strongest in. Once you pass at least 1 section of the assessment, the recruiter will call you for an over the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What I did in my previous role   1 Answer

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Mortgage Consultants (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I met with a director and a developer in their conference room, I was introduced to them by a recruiting company name SNI. There was only one interview and it last I think about an hour. I was told about the company and I told them that I would like to be hired on and earn my way to be a Team Lead and the director said that would be no problem. The interview ended cordially and soon after that I given an offer letter.