American Museum of Natural History Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.6

Reservation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a lot of generic questions mainly on customer service. I applied from a different department so the interviewers asked about how I would describe my performance. It was a relaxed environment but they also kept talking to each other and you were just there to listen and answer questions once in a while. The department itself is mainly general questions from the public as well as making group and school tours but from what I saw, it was like a clique

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal on a carousel, which animal would you be?   Answer Question
    • What is a time where you had a great customer service experience?   Answer Question

Exhibition Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very friendly and open interview. My interviewer was actually a parent of another student who attended my school. The interviewer wanted a brief knowledge of my background and informed me what type of work I would be doing, who I would be working with, the tools I would be using. Because it was a very hands-on internship, the interviewer wanted to be sure that I was comfortable working in that kind of environment, working with heavy chemicals and tools.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email approximately two weeks later for a phone interview. Interview with the division manager is like any basic interview with specifics on your education and skill sets.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History.

Interview

Interview with my boss (she was super nice). Then I interview with a manager and the person I was replacing (same day). Few weeks later I had another interview with a Senior Director.

VS Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Two sit down interviews and then walk through of establishment while getting to ask questions. They were cordual. It was great doing an interview while walking through the museum. It showed the connection of what they expect from you and how things run.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very normal. Asked specfic questions about my past experiences. She then provided me with a more detailed description of the duties and responsibilities. She was very polite and professional and she did not come off as pretentious or authoritative. The actual internship itself was wonderful.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with adobe inDesign and Photoshop?   1 Answer

Exhibit Explainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring was done through the AMNH website. Interview was relatively informal, revolved a lot around basic knowledge of the exhibits I would be involved in, as well as a few hypothetical scenarios (interaction with the public, how you teach, etc.). Was very straightforward and it seems more like the job is given based on resume, interview is just to make sure you're personable and more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• Would you be capable of explaining something in a second language, or maybe even to someone who didn't share a language with you?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you handling a wide variety of insects?   Answer Question

Museum Employment Education Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Coordinator and a previous MEEP Intern interviewed in a private office. Interviews can also be on SkypeCoordinator and a previous MEEP Intern interviewed in a private office. Interviews can also be on SkypeCoordinator and a previous MEEP Intern interviewed in a private office. Interviews can also be on Skype

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What classes are you taking?
      What experience do you have?
      Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

A few weeks after I applied online, I was invited for a phone interview. Right before my scheduled phone interview time, I was asked to reschedule for a week later. Phone interview lasted 30 min or so, and I was asked to come for an in-person interview, which lasted slightly more than 30 min. The in-person was with 2 director-level personnel who asked more open-ended Qs, making the interview a little more challenging than usual.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The director's assistant scheduled an interview for me for three weeks from the time we spoke. The interview went very well, but the job wasn't for me. However, the director was impressed with me and called some of her connections to try to help me find a better job somewhere else. Who does that? This woman was unreal. She was kind, helpful, and positive, understanding that the current job market is really tough.