American National Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at American National

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American National (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Detailed personality test, followed by a phone call interview, then an in-person interview. I am in the process of getting my licenses, and then moving forward. If you're the right person, it's a very easy process. Andy seems very gifted at motivating people, and had a great support staff.

Interview Questions

• What bad thing did you get from your parents?   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American National (Sacramento, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy. We met at least 3 times face to face. At that point you take assessment tests to find out if your a good fit. Then once you get approved you must take 8 short online classes. Then your background and drug tests are administered. So, at that point you do a business plan including a expesnse and cost work sheet, and if that goes ok they give you a start date. The start date could be 1 month or longer depending.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular they just take for ever bringing a new sales agent on. I think that this company wants to make sure they are bringing on someone that has a strong chance of succeding   Answer Question

Image Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American National (Galveston, TX).

Interview

after applying online i received a call from HR to set up a interview.

if you have ever been down near the building in Galveston you will know the parking situation is atrocious, i had to pay to park and walk about a block and a half to get to the interview because i couldn't find free parking.

you have to go through security and get a visitor badge to go upstairs. upon reaching the HR floor i was greeted by a nice lady who offered me water or coffee while i waited and filled our an about me paragraph. the interviewer is very nice and polite. we finished early it should have lasted about an hour, we went to the floor where i would be working and sat down with my would be manager and her manager. they told me more about the position and were generally friendly.

after the interview was over i was escorted to the elevator and sent our to turn in the badge.

all in all it was an easy interview everyone is nice.

my call back came a about a week later telling me i got the position and i needed to come back to sign paperwork and take a drug test. once again now knowing where i could park i parked in the garage down the street. same as before i got a badge and was sent upstairs. i signed paperwork and was taken to the in house clinic to take the drug test. the drug test was a bit awkward you are given a cup and sent to a small bathroom you cant wash your hands or flush the toilet until you hand over the cup. next they took a picture of me for my permanent badge. be sure to dress nice this picture will also be in the weekly news letter that everyone sees when you start. i picked the day i started, then left.