American Physical Society Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Physical Society

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Physical Society.

Interview

They asked me to come in for an interview that lasted 9am-4pm which I thought was ridiculous for the level of position it was. I met with several managers (who asked all the same questions) and some coordinators, HR, then they had me do a serious of frankly insulting tasks like writing an email and planning an event. The lunch they provided was a sandwich in a dark room. I heard back about a week later and they wanted me to meet with some management consultant to do a series of personality tests. Then after that I heard back a couple weeks later that they were still considering. The reference checks were onerous, and I thought, disrespectful. Lengthy questionnaires with questions that people are unlikely to be able to answer (like my pay scale back in 2012 from a colleague).

All in all, it took about 10 hours of my time after I applied for this job. I found the process to be incredibly onerous and not in line with the position, with little respect for my or other people's time. After getting the job, I realized how foretelling the interview process was.

Interview Questions