American Physical Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Physical Society

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Physical Society.

Interview

They asked me to come in for an interview that lasted 9am-4pm which I thought was ridiculous for the level of position it was. I met with several managers (who asked all the same questions) and some coordinators, HR, then they had me do a serious of frankly insulting tasks like writing an email and planning an event. The lunch they provided was a sandwich in a dark room. I heard back about a week later and they wanted me to meet with some management consultant to do a series of personality tests. Then after that I heard back a couple weeks later that they were still considering. The reference checks were onerous, and I thought, disrespectful. Lengthy questionnaires with questions that people are unlikely to be able to answer (like my pay scale back in 2012 from a colleague).

All in all, it took about 10 hours of my time after I applied for this job. I found the process to be incredibly onerous and not in line with the position, with little respect for my or other people's time. After getting the job, I realized how foretelling the interview process was.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridge, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Physical Society (Ridge, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

First I was contacted for a phone interview. About 2 weeks later I was asked to come in to take a series of tests for a different position, and also to speak with the hiring manager. At that time I was also interviewed by the department supervisor and her supervisor. Followed up one week later and was told that with people on vacation a decision hadn't been made yet. After another week, I emailed again and was told I was still being considered for the admin position I applied for, but no decision had been made yet. It has been over a week and I haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just why I was looking for a new position and how would my supervisor and co-workers describe me.   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Physical Society (College Park, MD).

Interview

No phone interview, only in-person. Met one-on-one with HR and management and in a group setting with other staff. There were no difficult questions. Completed a small writing assignment on site (also not difficult).

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were very general, mainly inquiring about my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Physical Society.

Interview

It started with online application, then phone screening followed by an audio/video interview and finally onsite interview. The onsite interview is one-on-one and a seminar. As in other cases the group lunch was also a discussion about the related stuff. It was filled with question about he journal appearance on online.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Physical Society (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

Standard interview where you go through several people then a group interview. Starts off with a phone interview to verify details. The interviewers were all very welcoming with very few moments of feeling intimidated. They all seemed easy to work with and presented a welcoming environment for the organization. It's not a hard interview to go through and doesn't seem long.