American Pool Enterprises Lifeguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Pool Enterprises

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Elmsford, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a two day long application process . The first day we met at a hotel with a pool and learned the basics of rescuing people in distress in the pool. We also learned some theory. The second day we were tested on what we learned the day before in the pool and reviewed the rest of the theory and took two written tests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I applied online. Having work experience is a great plus. The in-person interview seemed to be just a formality, took about 15 mins at all. Good for start, great experience and absolutely not hard-working job.

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Toms River, NJ).

Interview

There was none. They just called one day (I submitted a bunch of apps online after getting lifeguard certified) and were like "We think you would be a good lifeguard." And then a couple days later I was at my first pool.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. I didn't even know how much I was making until I got my first paycheck.

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises.

Interview

Very informal, 15 minute interview. Basic questions and no trick questions involved at all. You should know some lifeguarding/CPR-AID knowledge but there is no need to study the night before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What should you do if someone gets hurt while you are on duty?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises in June 2015.

Interview

It was essentially not even an interview at all. I applied to the company on a job site at a time when they really needed employees in my area. Less than a minute after applying I received a call from one of the managers saying they could use me. I was trained/ certified that weekend, and was working the following week.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you have the swimming abilities to meet certification standards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied by email and filled out the paperwork in person and brought it to the interview. It was an easy interview and they just asked basic questions about why you want to lifeguard for the summer and your availability and stuff like that. They also try to see if you can bring anyone else to work for them with an employee referral reward program.

Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Bensalem, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I dressed up and brought a resume, but they basically had me fill out all the paperwork and told me about the position. Having work experience was definitely a plus. The in-person interview seemed to be just a formality. Although they may have asked me more questions if I was underaged (they hired 15 and older).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Having work experience and a previous wage above minimum definitely means you can negotiate without problems. Especially if you are already a lifeguard!

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises.

Interview

A few emails exchanged back and forth between the company, and I was hired. Really easy, unlike a lot of other companies who require like 3 interviews, 2 packets of info that have to be completed, an orientation. Easy summer job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Real easy, told them I was looking for about minimum wage. Paid more than minimum wage. Real easy

Application

Interview

If you have a lifeguard certification, two legs, two arms, and lungs in case you have to do CPR then you're good. They will pretty much hire just about anyone so do not worry yourself about the interview process. I mean obviously show up and look decent, but don't overdo it.

Interview Questions

• What are you hours like for this weekend?

.....they want you to be their slave immediately.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They usually start you at $9/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Pool Enterprises (Commack, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. As long as you had proper certifications to become a lifeguard, American Pool is looking to hire the most amount of people as possible. All in all, not hard and they're not too selective.