American Public University System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Public University System (Charles Town, WV) in February 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and engaging. Participants were inquisitive about skills and background. Lots of give and take by all involved. Interviewer talked about the University and what it had to offer potential employees

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: strengths/weaknesses, how I handled various situations, assessment of skills and interest in position. Where did I see myself professionally/personally in 5-10 years   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Public University System (Charles Town, WV) in November 2012.

Interview

First a Phone interview, then a one on one with the hiring manager and then a panel interview with the team. Friendly and helpful. No negativity felt. Seemed like a strong team to work with. They were honest when describing the culture and pace of the workload. The honesty was appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Asked about problem solving.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Public University System (Charles Town, WV) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by four people but the last interview with the most senior person was amazing -- different and appropriate. I was expecting a typically interviiew and a "stuffy" one but instead I was met with by a disarming but obviously very smart manager who had me do a case study, and show my work, so he could see how I worked through it all.

Interview Questions

• To do a case study, solve a companies problem given a scenario   1 Answer

Academics Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Public University System.

Interview

Called me for an in person interview. I Interviewed with a manager and a coworker, it was pretty standard. She answered all of my questions and seemed very knowledgable. Very friendly and approachable. The experience was positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of a combination of online tests (writing screen) as well as a group interview with the department director. In order to move to the group interview, you were required to pass the writing screen. Overall, it was a pretty lengthy process and took about a full month (or a little longer) from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep the online students engaged in the classroom?   Answer Question

Liaison Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Public University System (Charles Town, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

Sent in my application, received a writing screen request that was easy and just required answering a couple additional questions. Then I had a phone interview, which was easy, and was invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a little strange, and there was no opportunity for me to ask questions; they just asked their own questions and then showed me out. They told me I'd hear "early next week" but it took three weeks to finally tell me that I didn't get the position (by e-mail).

Interview Questions

• What have you disliked about people you've worked under in the past?   Answer Question

Test Examiner/Education Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Public University System (Lancaster, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had about 3 interviews one on the phone with the hiring manager, another with the director of the program and one face to face with the hiring manager, I also had to do a written sample for the job. They asked pretty basic questions the first time, the second time they asked me questions about scenarios that I had to deal with at my previous jobs and how I would react to certain things that may be asked by my supervisor and how I would react to certain students.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Public University System (Charles Town, WV) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interview by the manager of the department and the recruiter provided the rest of the process, it was easy to do. I had applied to the company 4 times before being hired - they would hire within the company

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Public University System (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview with several candidates and more than one interviewer. It was done by telephone. The interviewers asked a question and candidates answered. There was not an "order," but candidates seemed to be able to identify themselves and answer without stepping on one another.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a student who kept asking the same question.   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Public University System (Charles Town, WV) in December 2011.

Interview

I met with a few people in different buildings. Note that they are located in many buildings throughout Charles Town. The review was not very difficult. It was a standard interview. The executive that I spoke with was not very well versed about the position I would be taking so that may be why it was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past job and my direct experience.   1 Answer