American Red Cross Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Richland, WA).

Interview

This was multi-interview process. It was pretty simple. The one thing that I thought was odd is that they had me start out as a temp in the position - to see if I liked it. I did. Then I actually got the position... but none of the job functions were the same. It struck me as odd, and they skipped a lot of my training because "I learned that as a temp." ...I didn't.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Portland, OR).

Interview

I initially interviewed for another position and got invited back to interview for this position. The managers interviewing had mentorship approach of management which would have been great to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Wichita, KS) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called and wanted to hurry and get me in for an interview right at Christmas. Went in for the interview and was under the impression I would be considered for one of the two openings they had. I heard nothing for three weeks and got a "we went with other candidates" letter. Just seemed as if they were filling their quota of interviewees in order to close the process. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with an unhappy customer after giving blood?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then phone with 2 district managers. In person interview with both district managers and regional director. Offered position immediately following. Was offered job from recruiter the next day.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the commute?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I have so much experience that I pretty much led the interview. The interview was extremely basic maybe because they cannot keep Account Executives around for very long. The interview process began with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you outgoing? Was even told that this is a difficult job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Easy one on one interview about past work history. They are interested in people who can work with other people as opposed to educational requirements. Willing to train the right person and directors are great communicators with an extensive sales background

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and then passed onto face to face interview. I was then offered a position soon afer face to face. Hiring process was very short, approx 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the American Red Cross?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Was contacted by HR after submitting my resume online, they gave me an overview of the position and set up an in person interview. I was under the impression it was with one person, however, I ended up interviewing with 3 different people. 2 hours after my interview ended, I received an email that I was a final candidate and they were starting a background check. I received a voicemail a couple days later (on a Friday), I called right back, but did not get through. No response on Monday either. On Tuesday, they called to officially offer me the position and wanted me to start in less than 2 weeks. Very late notice as I had to move to a new city to accept this position!

Interview Questions

• Most questions referred to past experiences. Ex: Tell me about a time when you encountered a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Applied and was called in the next couple days by talent recruiter. Went in for an interview and was called back for another interview and asked to attend a blood drive to shadow another manager. Was offered the job less than two weeks from application date. Tried to negotiate salary but was not offered any additional money.

Interview Questions

• All pretty straightforward formal questions but expect a lot of them!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Nashville, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Round Robin Style; interviewed with all management at once; if you are easily intimidated, this type of interview style would not have been for you. I think now they mostly interview one on one.