American Red Cross Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Region Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

A very impersonal phone interview with board members, division vp and director of HR. Only the division vp talked and asked questions which did not bring out my strengths or why I would be a great executive. She had zero personality and her questions were vague and did not allow for any interaction.

Disaster Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply online and someone would contact you in 10 days. Then, if you pass the background check, they will contact you again for in person interview. There is no specific question about the position and the interviewers are very nice. They answered every question that I wanted to know.

Disaster Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

one one interview and then panel of 6 interview. The phone interview as a pre-screen to ensure I was still interested. I was asked some basic information pertaining to the job description.

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Two initial phone interviews, one of which involved a Recruiter, followed up by a panel phone interview with the HR team then an in person interview with local leadership.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questioning.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I found a very brief summary of the position online. Per the description's instructions, I sent a letter of interest (through email) to HR and attached my resume. I never received a description but, about two weeks later, I received an email that let me know (on a Thursday) that I had an interview at 2:00 on Monday. I thought this was somewhat odd. I still wasn't sure exactly what the position required and I thought it was strange that they scheduled the interview without even speaking with me. (What if I had a job that wouldn't allow me to leave at 2:00 on a Monday?) Anyways, the two staff members who interviewed me were very nice but only one seemed interested in what I had to say. I think the other lost interest in me pretty early on which was disappointing because, at least on paper, I thought I was a great fit for the position once I learned exactly what the position involved. (I know... biased opinion.) They told me they would make a decision right away and I never heard back from them. Obviously they decided to go with someone else! Maybe next time! :-) Overall, not the worst interview experience I've had.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

They were very welcoming and open to all questions. They wanted to get to know you and explain what the position entails.

Disaster Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

The initial interview was a 1:1 interview with the associate director where the responsibilities of the position were outlined and qualifications reviewed. Because the Dallas-area chapter is very strong in volunteer leadership, the next round of interviews involved a group interview where both staff and senior-level volunteers in my activity interviewed me, asking questions subjects like: how would I work with my volunteer partner to improve my area, how would I resolve a difference in opinion or a conflict with my volunteer partner, which of my skills were most suited for the position, and what my greatest weakness is. They also outlined the position's top priorities.

The hiring process in general is much slower than other organizations, but the work can be very rewarding. The range for the position's salary level was published to their web site, leaving little room for negotiation. Particularly in the case of their Disaster organization, they are very keen on seeing volunteer partners as equals, which might or might not be a bonus for an individual.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a conflict or difference of opinion with your volunteer partner?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Dallas, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Interview was stanard panel interview. Usual "how do you handle", "goals" how do you describe yourself" questions. Took 4-5 weeks after interview until offer given.

Interview Questions

• "list your weaknessess"... always difficult to answer....   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negociating. Pay and benifits are set - take it or leave it.