American Red Cross Donor Recruitment Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Donor Recruitment Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. Less than an hour before a scheduled interview, I received an email from the manager telling me she'd scheduled the interview for another day entirely, and when I responded that the recruiter had, in fact, scheduled it for that day, she responded that she would let the recruiter know. NO apology at all for the last-minute change or inconvenience or any acknowledgment at all that I might have made arrangements or that my time was at all valuable. The entire process was like that--changing times, giving me time options then saying they weren't available. Just completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview request a couple of weeks later. The interviewer was a recruitment agent and wasn't very specific about the job particulars. The questions were more general in nature. "Tell me about a time where you did this or that," type questions. The interviewer was very personable and I felt that he was very easy to talk to which made the process enjoyable and I didn't even mind the generic interview questions. He told me that the next step in the process if selected for an in-person interview could take a few weeks. I told him that I was actively interviewing other positions with other companies but was interested in this position. He told me that he was going to forward my information on and set up a second interview and asked if he were to coordinate something soon, would I be able to travel to the district manager's location to speed up the process rather than wait for her to come to my city. Good to his word, he contacted me today (Monday) and had everything arranged. My phone interview was just this last Friday. I certainly appreciate the attention he gave me and am looking forward to the in-person interview he scheduled for Wednesday. I will update this review after the interview process plays out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something you attempted didn't work, what you did about it, and what was the final result.   Answer Question

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

1 phone interview and two in person interviews. The in person interviews had no less than 4 people interviewing you at once. Very nice though. They really cared if you would be a good fit for the team and not just another body.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a snow storm and no one could make it to your blood drive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Lansing, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I met with the District Manager who asked me the typical questions: what are your strengths, name a time when you had to resolve a conflict, etc. Overall, it was very casual. We talked a lot about the competition and how to dominate territories.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Portland, OR).

Interview

Getting the run around! Application process goes like this: Create profile, apply, wait, answer questionnaire, wait, get phone interview, be told to expect in person interview, wait, wait, wait, get canned denial email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy at all. Know what they are looking for by reading the job description and be prepared to tell them how you can achieve those goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Pretty quick and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Interview

Contacted by an HR rep via email after responding to job posting on Indeed.com. Was brought in for a 2 on one interview with a regional and district manager, and then was contacted the following Monday to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard "describe a time" situations. They were very friendly   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Gave my resume to a friend who worked there and had an interview within 3 weeks. I was hired within another 2-3 weeks. I met with several people in 1 on 1 situations but on the same day....

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe how I handled certain situations in previous positions. Mainly difficult situations. I learned they wanted to know because they know that their ever ending changes makes donors and blood drive sponsors very upset and you have to smooth things over constantly.   1 Answer

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

The hiring process: submit resume and application, phone interview with hiring specialist, interview with direct management, work scenario take home writing assignment, 2nd interview with senior management. The entire process was about two months from the time I submitted resume and application until I started training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation. I was supposed to get an official offer
    letter with specifics on salary and details on incentive - bonus structure but never saw one. I recall asking the hiring manager and the direct manager about salary and bonus plan but they either acted like they were not allowed to speak about it or did not have knowledge. Should have been a larger red flag for me.

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview was fast, I think checking how I presented myself. Interview was set up for following week. Interview was with two people. I thought it went very well and was surprised that I did not make it to the second round of interviews. Pretty general questions, How do you see this position. what would you need from us to be successful, why should we hire you?