American Red Cross Donor Recruitment Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Donor Recruitment Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at American Red Cross

2.8

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Lengthy, Zero Feedback - The entire process took over 8 weeks. I applied and was quickly given a phone interview. It went great. A few days later I had an hour long in person interview. Again, it went great. I was introduced to the entire team at this point. After a couple weeks with no communication I was asked to do a final phone interview with a regional manager. It was terrible. There weren't many insightful questions asked and it lasted less than 25 minutes. After this, I heard nothing again for 2-3 weeks. I was finally called and asked to do a full-day ride along. I accepted. The ride along went ok, but the employee did make sure to tell me MANY negatives about the job and the management team. At this point, it was clear the team was fractured. After my ride along I heard nothing for 2+ weeks. At 1 am one night I received a 2 paragraph form letter telling me I didn't get the job. I reached out to all three people I interviewed with asking for some professional feedback about my interview. I did not receive a single call. Moral of the story - don't waste you time - seriously.

Interview Questions

• There was a form she had with 2 different options for questions under each category - they were awkward but she said it was a new process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Bangor, ME).

Interview

Applied on line. Received e-mail invite to phone interview w HR rep. I was well qualified & phone interview went well, comfortable. Next step - HR rep to schedule in-person interview to regional manager the position reports to - sounded like this would be within a week. Confirmed I would hear from HR rep once scheduled. Never did. A week later I sent HE rep an e-mail to see if I misunderstood or if there was a delay. No response. Never even got a "thank you for your time; we've gone another way" e-mail. I can understand hearing nothing if I'd submitted a resume and they had no interest, but after participating in one interview and being told another was being scheduled...?? That's just rude.

Interview Questions

• She asked about my previous experiences, per my resume - for me to tell about my responsibilities, etc. Very typical line of inquiry.   1 Answer

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. Less than an hour before a scheduled interview, I received an email from the manager telling me she'd scheduled the interview for another day entirely, and when I responded that the recruiter had, in fact, scheduled it for that day, she responded that she would let the recruiter know. NO apology at all for the last-minute change or inconvenience or any acknowledgment at all that I might have made arrangements or that my time was at all valuable. The entire process was like that--changing times, giving me time options then saying they weren't available. Just completely unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview request a couple of weeks later. The interviewer was a recruitment agent and wasn't very specific about the job particulars. The questions were more general in nature. "Tell me about a time where you did this or that," type questions. The interviewer was very personable and I felt that he was very easy to talk to which made the process enjoyable and I didn't even mind the generic interview questions. He told me that the next step in the process if selected for an in-person interview could take a few weeks. I told him that I was actively interviewing other positions with other companies but was interested in this position. He told me that he was going to forward my information on and set up a second interview and asked if he were to coordinate something soon, would I be able to travel to the district manager's location to speed up the process rather than wait for her to come to my city. Good to his word, he contacted me today (Monday) and had everything arranged. My phone interview was just this last Friday. I certainly appreciate the attention he gave me and am looking forward to the in-person interview he scheduled for Wednesday. I will update this review after the interview process plays out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time something you attempted didn't work, what you did about it, and what was the final result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Lansing, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

You'll be recruited by a talent scout that works for the ARC, they will schedule you an interview with direct manager and 2 other usually. Its a very generic interview process. You'll need to have a strong personality and not be afraid of sales for this position.

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

1 phone interview and two in person interviews. The in person interviews had no less than 4 people interviewing you at once. Very nice though. They really cared if you would be a good fit for the team and not just another body.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a snow storm and no one could make it to your blood drive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Lansing, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I met with the District Manager who asked me the typical questions: what are your strengths, name a time when you had to resolve a conflict, etc. Overall, it was very casual. We talked a lot about the competition and how to dominate territories.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Portland, OR).

Interview

Getting the run around! Application process goes like this: Create profile, apply, wait, answer questionnaire, wait, get phone interview, be told to expect in person interview, wait, wait, wait, get canned denial email.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy at all. Know what they are looking for by reading the job description and be prepared to tell them how you can achieve those goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Pretty quick and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Interview

Contacted by an HR rep via email after responding to job posting on Indeed.com. Was brought in for a 2 on one interview with a regional and district manager, and then was contacted the following Monday to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard "describe a time" situations. They were very friendly   Answer Question