American Red Cross Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

You will get an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Then based on how it goes a decision will be made. There was no in person interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Application

Interview

Applied online to their internship program, where you can select your top three departments that you'd like to work with. I received an email setting up a phone call a few weeks later from the communications department. They consisted of classic behavior questions, and I received a email afterwards that I was officially an intern.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for summer internship on their website and got a phone interview. At first the interviewer introduced the summer project and the responsibilities of interns. Then I was asked some basic questions, like the current University, degree, major and location. Also, she asked what drew me to this position and what made me a good candidate. Finally, there were some questions about the proficiency for Microsoft Office and HTML.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

One 45 minute fit interview at the Chicago office, including a tour of the building. The interviewer described the work Red Cross does in the region and gave information about they raise funds, their goals and personal targets.

Interview Questions

• Why RedCross, what are your passions, previous event management and volunteer management experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Conducted by two people in conference room-one staff member, one volunteer. Straightforward questions. No surprises or tricky questions. Key words were sought like "pro-active" "communication" "listening" "compassion and empathy". Ability to multi-task and seeking ways to help others during slow periods.

Interview Questions

• Described YOUR definition of teamwork   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a Red Cross Volunteer?   1 Answer
    • What skills from previous employment would you bring?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand job description and do you have questions for us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume to the volunteer specialist who was tasked to find and interview interns each semester. Keep in mind an internship with the local Red Cross chapter is NON-PAID (but a summer internship at the ARC headquarters in Washington, D.C. is paid)

It was a quick process. In one week the volunteer specialist contacted me for an interview, I went to do the interview, and they hired me two days later.They are looking for college students that are good at what they do (whether it's in finance, communication, outreach, or casework), but are also motivated by the mission statement of "alleviating human suffering" and want to make a difference in the community. If you only care about money, the Red Cross isn't the company for you.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want to intern at the Red Cross?
      2) Do you have a desire to continue to volunteer with us after the internship is over?
      3) What drives you everyday at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took about one month. The first is a phone interview from volunteer service volunteer. The second is from the department of your background. There are more than ten questions. Almost all of them are behavior questions. They may ask some questions based on your background, like: Why you chose XX as your major? What is your current level of your major?

Anonymous Employee in Pago Pago, AS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Pago Pago, AS) in January 2015.

Interview

No interview i just went in and signed up with the Red Cross and they had me come in the next day to start but it was up to you if you wanted to start right away. Very good work place for students and people who have time on their hands. Friendly workplace and positive experience

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

I just personally called up the volunteer services manager, instead of applying online waiting for a response and it worked he called me up the next day and I had an internship.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was to be on call for a week where you are suppose to respond to all disasters in the are 24 hours a day.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.