American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.8

123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross in July 2017.

Interview

Had a recruiter email me the day after I applied to set up an interview. Phone call didn't go through the first time, and after he set up a second time to call me a few hours later, he never called back. Very disappointed.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Douglasville, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was very direct. I was contacted by a talent specialist. She provided insight on the position, the interview and answered all my questions. The actual interview was direct and I felt comfortable talking with all interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an issue with a coworker and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Fort Wayne, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

two step process. one phone interview then an in person interview. In person interview was as much about trying to sell the job to me as it was me answering questions.

Interview Questions

• what is the biggest challenge you see in this position?   1 Answer

Donor Recruitment Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. Less than an hour before a scheduled interview, I received an email from the manager telling me she'd scheduled the interview for another day entirely, and when I responded that the recruiter had, in fact, scheduled it for that day, she responded that she would let the recruiter know. NO apology at all for the last-minute change or inconvenience or any acknowledgment at all that I might have made arrangements or that my time was at all valuable. The entire process was like that--changing times, giving me time options then saying they weren't available. Just completely unprofessional.

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screening went fantastically, as did the first interview with the director and her team. The second interview totally fell apart. The position, particularly the responsibilities and reporting structure, changed dramatically between the first and second interviews and the interviewer seemed incredibly frustrated that I didn't know about the overhaul (no one contacted me to tell me about the changes, although she assured me that someone must have). The process was disorienting to say the least and I only heard that the position was filled after reaching out three weeks later, receiving a one sentence response, "We chose someone else."

I gather that the individual chapters are beholden to the ever-changing priorities of the national HQ. Everyone was pleasant enough and seemed to enjoy their work. That being said, they admitted that things are constantly in flux and I would need to be open to dysfunction. There's a stark distinction in my mind between being an adaptable employee and accepting normalized chaos. I dodged a bullet on this one; I would have accepted the position on salary alone, even if I was worried for how I'd manage the experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflicting priorities? Have you ever directly reported to more than three people at once?   Answer Question

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Concord, NH) in April 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online. A few weeks later a phone screener called me. After answering a few questions he set up an interview with the local affiliate. I had an interview and as I was walking out the door the hiring manager made snide comments about me to her colleague. I guess she didn't realize I was still in the building.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two corporate recruiters and the experience was great, they were friendly, knowledgeable. Entering into the local interview it was a very negative experience. A panel interview with three young women who for 20 minutes of the 30, spoke about themselves. I honestly felt as if I was vying for a position on the high school prom committee. I didn't leave the interview feeling excited or uplifted about the position or for working for the Red Cross. It was truly disappointing coming from a corporate background I was going into the interview excited to be part of such a great team. I left hoping they don't call back.

Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by email a few days after applying to schedule phone interview with hr. Email included three questions to be answered prior to interview. Phone call was brief and asked a few questions like what overwhelms you and salary. Salary was super low at $19 hourly. Next interview was to be with Regional Manager/Hiring Manager. A week and a half after I got a generic email saying they moved on to other candidates. I had applied for another position within ARC in between that time. Got another generic email saying they moved on to other candidates with an email an hour after from a recruiter to schedule a short phone interview. Confused at the rejection emails but accepted the phone interview for the next week. Phone interview was a quick conversation and included why ARC? Salary was mentioned at a low of $19-21. After a week I had a long phone interview with the Regional Manager/Hiring Manager. She asked a lot of very detailed questions regarding experience and how it would be used at ARC and why. However, her questions must've been for the first Development position. It was confusing to say the least. They are asking for a lot of responsibilities for the position which should actually be the Director's job meanwhile the pay is basically nothing. Good luck finding someone who is willing to do that with the pay offered. After that interview there was silence.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

The person that does the phone screen is very nice. I got to the 2nd interview, and they were personable. I think I said I didn't like batch records and that is part of it. Was intimidating that a mistake could mean recusal.

Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross in February 2017.

Interview

Normal Interview process, phone interview was a bit tough. Received notice via e-mail that I had moved on from phone interview to in person interview. Easy enough process, cannot complain. Great staff, great HR department.