American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.6

Mobile Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Norfolk, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was great did an over the phone one then scheduled for an in person interview. The position was for Norfolk, Va i would be moving from Houston,Tx anyway did the in person interview on October 26 was called on October 30th to let me know i had the job and needed to be in VA by Nov 20th for the 8 weeks of training. Got a call Oct 31st saying the job was postponed until January so they could close out the fiscal year. I was happy bc it gave me more time to give my apartment complex my 60 day notice but now I'm worried bc i don't know for sure if the job will be there in January. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed but my overall interview was a great experience and everyone was very friendly.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pétionville (Haiti)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Pétionville (Haiti)) in August 2014.

Interview

The screening was transparent and equitable. The whole process was very tough and long enough taking about 3 months to be finalized. Background check was in-depth and competitive salary offer was done right after.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for American Red Cross?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

You will get an email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. Then based on how it goes a decision will be made. There was no in person interview.

Communications Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Santa Rosa, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks to finally get offered the position. Despite a little lag time, the process was very friendly and thorough. Started with a phone screening, then phone interview, then I was finally called to the office for an in-person interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Sioux Falls, SD) in April 2016.

Interview

Was in training through an Federal Training Program. The organization does incredible community outreach and highly involved in the community but the downfall is when the training ended, they were not able and still are not able to hire paid staff to fill the positions that continue to be filled by volunteers to keep their offices running day to day. They continue to use training programs to fill their staff needs which create a high volume of turn-over. I have continued to follow-up with the Executive Director at the local office to check to see if any changes have been made allowing the hiring of an Administrative Assistant, even on a part-time basis as I enjoyed my experience with the organization.

Interview Questions

• About my technical skills like Microsoft Products and computer knowledge.   1 Answer

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Poughkeepsie, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews for this position. I was in the process of recovering from major surgery and they were very accommodating and kind. The recruiter went out of her way to work with my schedule and make the interview happen. All those I met with were professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge that I overcame in my present position?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Received a call from hiring manager ( phone interview) then meet with district manager, then had a phone interview with the departmental manager that resulted in a formal offer. The interview was about an hour long in person and on the phone both were each about half-hour long.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were challenged with a problem and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Senior Volunteer Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted for a phone screen via email. In that email I was provided list of questions that I needed to answer in addition to confirming my phone screen. The person who called me to conduct the screening call was not based in the state I was applying. One interesting question was tell me about an ethical dilemma and how you handled it. The call took about 30 minutes. He told me someone would be contacting me the next week if I was going to move forward in the process. Someone from Washington DC called me to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. The position was in Nevada, the Hiring Manager was in Utah, (recruiter for phone screen was in Oklahoma) so it was kind of confusing to understand the coordination of interviewing. I had an interview with the Hiring Manager, just one person over the phone. I don't know if there was another round to the interview.

Regional Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bamberg (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Bamberg (Germany)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a two step interview process. First the recruiter conducts a screening interview and then a panel style phone interview is scheduled with 3 current managers in the department. Questions are standardized.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had to confront a co-worker or subordinate. What steps did you take and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

I applied online, then was contacted to respond to questions via email ~2 weeks later. ~1 week later, had a phone interview, then was contacted ~2 weeks later for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What news stories have you been following? What sources do you use for news? What is your experience working with volunteers? What area is your strongest? What area would you have the most to learn?

In-Person: How do you manage conflicts? Example? Lots of example scenario questions about managing volunteers. What is your opinion on firing volunteers?   Answer Question