American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.5

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross in January 2017.

Interview

I was first given a phone screening interview then offered an in-person interview at their facility. The phone interview asked about my personal experiences in different laboratory settings. The in-person interview focused on personality and motivation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you solved an issue while working in a lab.   Answer Question

Executive Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted first by a recruiter to compete a telephone screening. My information was then passed to the hiring manager, who the recruiter arranged an in person interview with. The interview lasted less than an hour and I received follow up communication from the recruiter with an offer within a week.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Montgomery, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple. Not to the point. Over a text 3 interviews by higher management. Never once discussed job details or 14-16 hour days. No training in the field nothing explained painted a pretty picture. Very brief off subject

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Research Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

contacted for a phone interview. during the first 5 minutes of the interview I was told about the position, at which time I realized I was not interested. interviewer then proceeded to ask me about 8 very formal situational questions, not asking at all about my position or experience or whether this was something I'd be interested in. I asked a few vague questions. Received an offer a week later but declined. Needed to relocate for the position and was not feasible not was I interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with a rule or procedure and how you handled it   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2013.

Interview

Very casual interview with the Regional CEO. I think the interview was reflective of her more than of ARC overall. I was already an employee of ARC and heard about this opening at my branch. I applied inernally for it and was granted an interview. I am unsure if there were even other candidates. I did an interview and then was hired for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Red Cross in this role?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross in May 2016.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews: First round was over the phone with main American Red Cross H.R. representative, asked me basic things about my interests, availability, and strengths/weaknesses. 2nd round was with specific supervisor overlooking the program I wanted to intern for. He just went through my resume asking me to elaborate on the skills I had listed

Special Assistant to Executive Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone interview with HR, an in-person writing and editing test, and final interview with chief of staff, all of which tested my suitability for the role, fit for the executive office, and likeliness to remain in the position for several years

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Yakima, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I saw the job on-line and applied via the web. The next day I had an email telling me to go to a website and schedule a phone interview. I was able to schedule the phone interview for that same afternoon. When I got the call the first thing the interviewer asked was whether I'd be willing to work any shift any time (shifts are 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am). I said no, that I couldn't do that. Then she said that it was a requirement, she said thank you, and then hung up on me. Why they didn't put that in the job requisition is beyond me.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

You meet with the supervisor and lead for your shift. They have a series of quesitons that they ask you from a piece of paper. You are then given a tour of the lab.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would not like in a boss or supervisor?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Tolles Interview in Seattle/USA. Sehr nett und sozial Kompetent. Praktikum war nicht ausgeschrieben. Der Vorschlag wurde Dankend angenommen und wertgeschätzt. Der Prozess ging 2-3 Tage. Dann kam eine recht schnelle positive Rückmeldung. Ich habe mich sehr gefreut, da ich Erfahrungen nun im Marketing sammeln konnte und auch sprachlich weiter gekommen bin. Sehr netter Kontakt - kann ich nur empfehlen.

Interview Questions

• Welche Inhalte der Ausbildung sind gleich mit deren in USA...   1 Answer

Negotiation

Da es sich um ein Non Profit Organisation handelt können diese nicht sehr viel zahlen. Mit einem niederen Gehalt starten.