American Red Cross Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.6

Donor and Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from Red Cross HR. I received a brief phone interview and was told I would be receiving a face to face interview. I went for a face to face interview. I was interviewed by the Senior Manager and the work floor Manager. I thought the interview went well.

Recovery Specialist Mgt II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The question and discussion phase of the interview process is probably the most important. The questions asked are based on job-related criteria. The same
    questions are asked of all applicants and in the same order.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest achievement at work.
      Describe the work environment in which you will most effectively be able to contribute.
      What kind of oversight and interaction would your ideal boss provide?
      What prompted you to apply for this job? What interested you the most about this position?
      Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle that stood in the way of you accomplishing a goal or commitment. How did you approach the situation?
      How do you believe that your current skills will contribute to the accomplishment of our company's goals and mission as stated on our website or in company literature?
      How would your current boss describe your work and contribution?
      How do you go about continuing to develop your professional skills and knowledge?   1 Answer

Donor Notification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This was a one-on-one interview with my Supervisor. He explained the position, responsibilities, shift I'd be working, etc. we went through my resume and discussed my education and work history. I was asked the standard interview questions-"name a time when you made a mistake and how did you react" etc.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Just face to face interview in an office. Very relaxed feeling. Interviewe'd with the management of the department. Standard interview questions. Took about 15 minutes. Manager was very pleasant. Discuss their story at the red cross and how they've enjoyed it thus far.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Applied online to their internship program, where you can select your top three departments that you'd like to work with. I received an email setting up a phone call a few weeks later from the communications department. They consisted of classic behavior questions, and I received a email afterwards that I was officially an intern.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Montgomery, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

Simple. Not to the point. Over a text 3 interviews by higher management. Never once discussed job details or 14-16 hour days. No training in the field nothing explained painted a pretty picture. Very brief off subject

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross.

Interview

Phone interview screen and the final interview with the hiring manages. If your skills and qualifications are fit for the position, they will contact in few business days to get done the drug test.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Red Cross in November 2016.

Interview

Went to the hiring event. As soon as I signed in and sat down. They started pulling the candidates aside one by one to interview. The one-on-one interview lasted about 20 minutes or so. Most of the questions were from the company manual, but the manager asked a few questions about my past experiences on my resume as well as some other standard interview questions. After the interview, I was asked to fill out logistical information about my past employment history, etc. I was finished with the entire process within an hour. Later in the same day, I received an email offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• - Why did you leave your past job?
      - Have you had any unreasonable requests from a customer?
      - Tell me about a time when everyone else seemed to "catch on to something" but you couldn't.
      - Tell me about a time something unexpected occurred at work and how did you handle it?
      - Tell me about a time you struggled to meet a certain deadline.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation room..

Senior Disaster Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview involved the Regional Disaster Officer, his supervisor and a volunteer from the local chapter office after completing a telephone screening process and exchange of emails setting up the interview time.

Interview Questions

• What was the Order of the Shield and Sword listed on my resume.   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I applied online , then got an email a month later to schedule a meeting with the volunteer coordinator. It wasn't really an interview. It was more like an orientation with a group of other people.