American Red Cross Major Gifts Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Red Cross Major Gifts Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at American Red Cross

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Denver, CO) in July 2018.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one with corporate HR and the second with the Development Director. I was then invited in for an in person group interview. About a week after the in person interview, I got an impersonal thanks but no thanks email from corporate. In all, I committed 6 weeks to the process and would have appreciated a personal response.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what job I would absolutely hate to do every day.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Red Cross

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Screening phone interview (short), in-person (1 interviewer, 1 hour) with standard question list. 2nd interview with higher ups via phone with 1 in-person Exec, also very standardized question round-robin. Process took forever with little follow-up.

Interview Questions

• What would your former supervisor says is your greatest strength/area for growth?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Applied for the job online.
    Two weeks later, received an email to schedule a phone interview.
    The phone interview was very dry and included only experience related questions. If you are relying heavily on your good personality to dazzle during an interview, this one will prove difficult for you.
    More than two weeks later, I received an email requesting a face-to-face interview for the following day.
    I met with two employees, both of which were very friendly. The second interview was more about getting to know my personality rather than my experience. the second interview also had more information about the position.
    I received a phone call two weeks after this interview with an offer from the company. Until the offer, the salary for the position was not made available to me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but I cannot express how very impersonal the phone interview was. Don't feel discouraged if you don't feel you had chemistry with your interviewer.   Answer Question

Major Gift Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Two supervisors who knew convoluted systems but not how to support employees needed to implement priorities. Instead concentrated on perceived candidate short comings of, "all past candidates with your related industry experience failed at the Red Cross." And this from a person who could not address the concept of donor rights. She only knew the corporate approach.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you when all your experience was in higher education.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Westfield, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Place ads online and in newspapers. Initials phone interview and then at least two in person interviews. Depending on position also with volunteers and board members. Depends on who you speak to as to what they are interested in. Fundraisiers want to know that you can bring in big gifts. Volunteers and board members want to know you will respect their territory and the local flavor of the chapter/area.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. Salary offered, take it or leave it.