American Red Cross Interview Questions in New York

Updated Oct 19, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at American Red Cross

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 14 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY) in Jun 2020

Interview

There were 3 interview rounds. Lots of questions about work and why I am interested in working with the Red Cross. Relevant questions to the role. Why I wanted to switch from my current field of work to social development and aid.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about the work that you did and how it was relevant to developing a client relationship?
    Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Red Cross?
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY)

Interview

The process takes a full month, which during the month period you will have a total of 3 interviews. They are very quick and very straight to the point about the job description. They will say “your out top priority” but let’s be real not many people apply for the position.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Application

Interview

Phone screening went fantastically, as did the first interview with the director and her team. The second interview totally fell apart. The position, particularly the responsibilities and reporting structure, changed dramatically between the first and second interviews and the interviewer seemed incredibly frustrated that I didn't know about the overhaul (no one contacted me to tell me about the changes, although she assured me that someone must have). The process was disorienting to say the least and I only heard that the position was filled after reaching out three weeks later, receiving a one sentence response, "We chose someone else." I gather that the individual chapters are beholden to the ever-changing priorities of the national HQ. Everyone was pleasant enough and seemed to enjoy their work. That being said, they admitted that things are constantly in flux and I would need to be open to dysfunction. There's a stark distinction in my mind between being an adaptable employee and accepting normalized chaos. I dodged a bullet on this one; I would have accepted the position on salary alone, even if I was worried for how I'd manage the experience.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with conflicting priorities? Have you ever directly reported to more than three people at once?
Application

Interview

Telephone interview with hiring manager. Discussion of the job details and ability to travel. It was basically a very nice conversation. It flowed from conversation, to interview questions, back to good conversation. It was probably the least stressful interview I have had.

Interview Questions
  • What are the three pillars of building a strong volunteer base (or something like that)
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY) in Dec 2016

Interview

The question and discussion phase of the interview process is probably the most important. The questions asked are based on job-related criteria. The same questions are asked of all applicants and in the same order.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your greatest achievement at work. Describe the work environment in which you will most effectively be able to contribute. What kind of oversight and interaction would your ideal boss provide? What prompted you to apply for this job? What interested you the most about this position? Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a major obstacle that stood in the way of you accomplishing a goal or commitment. How did you approach the situation? How do you believe that your current skills will contribute to the accomplishment of our company's goals and mission as stated on our website or in company literature? How would your current boss describe your work and contribution? How do you go about continuing to develop your professional skills and knowledge?
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied online , then got an email a month later to schedule a meeting with the volunteer coordinator. It wasn't really an interview. It was more like an orientation with a group of other people.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY) in May 2016

Interview

Three interviews and then hired. Took about 45 days to complete. Then background check, and no salary negotiation. Overall it went smoothly, the recruiter was very nice and helpful! I applied through Indeed.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY)

Interview

Very standard interview, no unexpected questions. Asked me why I left my other positions, what I bring to the table, how I feel about navigating a bureaucracy, and how I manage projects as to not lose important details.

Interview Questions
  • What do you love and hate about development?
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY) in Mar 2015

Interview

There were two interviews- the first was an informational/get-to-know-you interview and the second was a show-your-knowledge type of interview. Both of the interviews were on the phone, probably because of the department (External Communications).

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (New York, NY) in Jan 2015

Interview

Started with a phone screen and then a few days later came in for an in person meeting. The ARC has a great mission but when I met with what would have been my potential managers they seemed a little scatter brained. The first woman I met with was quick to give me all the negatives about the job and gave a bit too much information about committee group organizers and how rich and snobbish they were, which was awkward... Then I met with her manager and when we were done she came back into the room running saying "I'm on the phone with a donor, but do you have anymore questions?!". It was a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Basic walk through my resume and event experience, if I was comfortable handling many projects at once while working with many diverse personalities
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14