American Red Cross Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.7

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview with panel of three individuals. Scripted questions, very formal and awkward. Numerous scenario questions based on skill set or experiences in previous positions. No chance for real discussion.

Interview Questions

• Several scenario questions: How would you....? When faced with the follow situation....? Tell me about a time when you used X skill.   Answer Question

Didn't feel like a good fit. Interviewers were not very professional. Entire process was awkward an untimely.

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I spoke with an HR representative who arranged for a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought the phone interview went well. However, I did not hear back for 3-4 weeks and all I got was an email saying that I was no longer under consideration for the position

National Director of Volunteer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a bit cold in initially as you need to go through a talent acquisition screening that covers basic stuff like computer knowledge and salary expectation. From there you get a call to interview with the hiring manager. The company is using Skype heavily at this point.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a stressful situation where you solved problems in a team environment.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was very brief. I had a phone interview and in-person interview within 1 week. They were looking to hire quickly so it did seem a bit rushed. It felt chaotic but they were trying to meet an internal deadline.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did no negotiate

Components Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I was overqualified for the position, but the position was very interesting. About a month after I applied I got a call for an interview. The interview was over the phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. No real scientific questions were asked, questions were more customer service and achievement based. Interviewer was very nice. Interviewer said he would be in touch, but I never heard back.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Spent most of the time asking me about very specific job requirements that weren't even on the job posting description then was told I probably wouldn't advance because I didn't have these??? If they were so critical then why aren't they on the job posting? What a waste of our time. Now I can see why they have bad employee reviews on GlassDoor. SMH

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the American Red Cross? What is your experience in this specific area of your field (that wasn't on the job posting)? What is your experience with this particular software (that wasn't on the job posting)? You probably won't advance to the next round. Bye.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

They sent me an email scheduling a time to have the phone interview. And they called one hour earlier that morning. There were two interviewers through the phone interview. Both of them were very friendly, and the interview process went really well, and we talked about the detailed information about the position.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very in depth with references checked Wonderful people. Very nice and welcoming Interview process was pretty standard but did take several rounds with follow up and samples of work.

Interview Questions

• Offer some situations where you had to juggle several high profile projects at a time. How did you handle?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back within 2 weeks, and was able to schedule an interview with the HR recruiter, which was relatively straight forward. The interviewer asked about me and my interests and why I chose the Red Cross.

I was scheduled for another interview about 2 weeks later with the hiring manager, which was a little more difficult because the questions were more specified, but the interview was still pleasant and not stressful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where a project you were working on with others did not turn out the way you wanted.

What made you apply to this specific position?
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was only two weeks. The longest time is getting contacted. I applied in October. In December, someone I knew passed along the same resume directly to the hiring manager. I was contacted shortly afterwards.

I met with the hiring manager and then several others on the team all on the same day. The interview was average, and I thought the group was friendly.