American Red Cross Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.7

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I spoke with an HR representative who arranged for a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. I thought the phone interview went well. However, I did not hear back for 3-4 weeks and all I got was an email saying that I was no longer under consideration for the position

Special Assistant to Executive Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone interview with HR, an in-person writing and editing test, and final interview with chief of staff, all of which tested my suitability for the role, fit for the executive office, and likeliness to remain in the position for several years

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Very in depth with references checked Wonderful people. Very nice and welcoming Interview process was pretty standard but did take several rounds with follow up and samples of work.

Interview Questions

• Offer some situations where you had to juggle several high profile projects at a time. How did you handle?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview process was very brief. I had a phone interview and in-person interview within 1 week. They were looking to hire quickly so it did seem a bit rushed. It felt chaotic but they were trying to meet an internal deadline.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did no negotiate

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

Management positions are typically hand picked. Interview process is a formality. The higher up you go in the company the less likely it is to have a completely unbiased fair interview. Pre selection is typical with this company. There is not much else I can explain. I'm just typing to full fill the 50 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that will enhance the position as described?   1 Answer

Negotiation

one counter offer and we came to agreement

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview with panel of three individuals. Scripted questions, very formal and awkward. Numerous scenario questions based on skill set or experiences in previous positions. No chance for real discussion.

Interview Questions

• Several scenario questions: How would you....? When faced with the follow situation....? Tell me about a time when you used X skill.   Answer Question

Didn't feel like a good fit. Interviewers were not very professional. Entire process was awkward an untimely.

National Director of Volunteer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a bit cold in initially as you need to go through a talent acquisition screening that covers basic stuff like computer knowledge and salary expectation. From there you get a call to interview with the hiring manager. The company is using Skype heavily at this point.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a stressful situation where you solved problems in a team environment.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Position was applied for internally, so process may have been shorter than if external. The interview was conducted by the hiring manager and one level above him. Standard interview questions were used in addition to questions regarding management style and what you view as important.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the types of projects you have led in the past.   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward but lengthy. I first had an interview via the phone followed by 2 in-person interviews and one Skype interview. The whole process took almost 2 months until it was completed. The length of the process almost made me lose focus. The good news was that I got the interview after completing the long online profile/application. It was the very first time I was contacted for an interview after completed such an un-personal style.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. For example: What are your greatest strengths or weaknesses; what are my best skills; how would I perform in a stressful situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made an okay offer and I felt comfortable to accept it right away

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back within 2 weeks, and was able to schedule an interview with the HR recruiter, which was relatively straight forward. The interviewer asked about me and my interests and why I chose the Red Cross.

I was scheduled for another interview about 2 weeks later with the hiring manager, which was a little more difficult because the questions were more specified, but the interview was still pleasant and not stressful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where a project you were working on with others did not turn out the way you wanted.

What made you apply to this specific position?
      Answer Question