American Red Cross Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.7

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long, first three person panel followed with a 2 person panel and at the end an interview with VP of finance. All of the questions were very well thought and strategized.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were above average, none too unexpected or very difficult.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online via the Red Cross website in July 2014. Received an email around Labor Day from HR requesting an interview by phone. Spoke on the phone to the HR contact for approximately 30 minutes (more so about the organization with few details about the position) One week later, I received a call from a separate HR person asking to schedule a phone interview with the department head. Spoke to the department head for half an hour. This was followed by a call back from the same HR person who then scheduled for me to come into their office for an interview with the department head (and her underlings). By now, it is the third week of September.

I received a detailed email from Red Cross HR with directions to their office, and format for the meeting (was to meet 1 on 1 with 4 people, in a certain order) Included with the mail was a PDF detailing employee benefits.

On the day of the face to face interview, I got to their office early, and waited nearly a half hour past the scheduled interview start time for someone to come down and retrieve me from the security office. Instead of meeting 1 on 1 with the team, as expected, I met with three people at once (likely due to our not starting on time) followed by a 1 on 1 meeting with the department head, who I previously spoke with on the phone.

At the end of the interview, I was told that I would find out the following week if they would make an offer, or not. Two weeks later, I received an email from their HR department stating that an offer was not going to be made (first week of October)

Everyone I met/spoke with was pleasant, friendly and dedicated to their work.

, Information Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy - only phone interviews. "First" round interview isn't an interview at all, it's just a phone call to schedule the next interview. They pick all interviews based on resume. Second round interview is over the phone (even if you're in the area), questions ranged from "How good are you with Excel?" to "Why Red Cross?" The Red Cross is all about their mission statement, so talk about that. Questions were not hard. Usually there is a third round interview, but it's the same as the second round interview only with a different team member.

Note: this format is the same for any ARC HQ Internship

Interview Questions

• How would you react if your deadline for a project got extended? They said they had to ask this question, but it was weird because usually a project extension isn't 1) a thing unless you ask for it (it's not usually just handed out) or 2) a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Payment depends on the department's budget. This department is unpaid, which means it should be less than 40 hours a week, but my boss wanted me to stay 40 hours a week anyway.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward but lengthy. I first had an interview via the phone followed by 2 in-person interviews and one Skype interview. The whole process took almost 2 months until it was completed. The length of the process almost made me lose focus. The good news was that I got the interview after completing the long online profile/application. It was the very first time I was contacted for an interview after completed such an un-personal style.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard. For example: What are your greatest strengths or weaknesses; what are my best skills; how would I perform in a stressful situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was made an okay offer and I felt comfortable to accept it right away

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• HR rep didn't seem completely familiar with position or details of the job description/job description perhaps didn't accurately convey primary responsibilities.   Answer Question

Executive Director- Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied and within 2 weeks I was e-mailed for a phone interview. After the interview I was told I would receive a email with a link to complete my application. Then was told in perxson interviews would take place in 2 weeks. After three weeks I had not heard anything so I emailed the HR person I was cooresponding with. She said it was taking longer than she had anticipated. 2 months later, I emailed again. The HR person apologized and said they were still working out the details. Another month went by and still working out the details. After 4 months they notified me that the position is cancelled.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult. But it was hard to tell if I was responding in the right way.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple hiring process - no cover letter needed, just a resume submitted via the website. Interviews were only one round - straight forward.

Special Assistant to Executive Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

A phone interview with HR, an in-person writing and editing test, and final interview with chief of staff, all of which tested my suitability for the role, fit for the executive office, and likeliness to remain in the position for several years

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

Management positions are typically hand picked. Interview process is a formality. The higher up you go in the company the less likely it is to have a completely unbiased fair interview. Pre selection is typical with this company. There is not much else I can explain. I'm just typing to full fill the 50 word minimum.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you possess that will enhance the position as described?   1 Answer

Negotiation

one counter offer and we came to agreement

Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Red Cross (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

A short 30 minute phone interview by two managers, no HR on the call. I was offered the job by HR the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was difficult. The HR had originally insinuated a much higher range. Salary is calculated based on years of experience and previous salary so be careful when filling out the form of past salary. Try to include any bonuses and benefits in that figure so you are still honest but do not sell yourself short. Also, assume that you will negotiate. The HR expects it and will offer a lower salary in anticipation.