American Society of Anesthesiologists Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

American Society of Anesthesiologists Interview Questions

Interviews at American Society of Anesthesiologists

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Society of Anesthesiologists

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists in July 2014.

Interview

HR recruiter very friendly except she asked about things in my background that was personal and not related to job I thought that was awkward. No drug test either. Manager and Director werepleasant too bad both left the company. Background check takes about 3 weeks in total.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter about a week later. The recruiter was very nice; however, she asked me questions that I thought can obviously be answered looking at my resume. It's almost like she wasn't prepared for the interview with me and that was disappointing. When I asked her questions in regards to the company and the position she was very short. She was nice but not very personable/engaging.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists.

Interview

I was contacted by their recruiter a day after I applied for the position. I had a 30 minute phone interview and was invited for an in person interview the following week with the HR Manager. The same day of the in person interview I was invited for a second interview with her boss the following week. After completing the 2nd interview on a Thursday I was told I was 1 of 2 candidates that they were really interested in and would hear from them early next week. I didn't hear anything until the next Friday when I contacted the recruiter. She told me they still had not made a decision and I would hear by the end of the next week. After waiting I finally contacted the recruiter again on Friday, she responded immediately and told me they decided to change the position and start a new search. I was completely amazed at the poor communication and feedback from this company after waiting for several weeks wondering if I got the job. Being in HR I think it's only fair to let the final candidates know if they got the job or not. Closure would be nice after waiting around for a month.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

HR staff was professional and pleasant. Went out of their way to make me comfortable during two in-person meetings.

Blind-sided in first in-person interview by unexpected presence of board member - had been told that I would meet with HR and department director. Would have prepared differently for that first meeting, but it went fine from my perspective.

I received the rejection letter three weeks after the last in-person meeting.

ASA was hiring to replace a staff person who didn't know they were going to be replaced.... Not a good way of doing it, so maybe it's good that I didn't land this one.

All said, the HR staff I dealt with were tops, but the "sneaky" hiring and too-long wait to hear from them was not first-rate.

Interview Questions

• I'm paraphrasing: (because this position is responsible for subsections work, objectives, carrying out strategy, etc.) Do you tell the board what you're going to do or will you do what the board tells you?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists in July 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was totally unprofessional. She asked me what days I could speak to her the following week - I offered 3 days/times and she responded that none worked for her and to offer more. I gave two more and she said she would be traveling those days. So I told her to pick a day/time and I would accommodate. she jumped to the next week, we set it and then she canceled & rescheduled. When we finally got to the phone she sounded confused and asked stupid questions that made no sense.

Interview Questions

• How much are you now earning/did you most recently earn?   1 Answer

American Society of Anesthesiologists Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. ASA is committed to hiring talented, member-centric people to join our team, and it is important to us that our recruitment/hiring process provides all applicants with a... More

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists.

Interview

I had 2 interviews -- the first one was a phone interview with the human resources, and the second one was a phone interview with position supervisor. They gave the option of phone or skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, as well as questions specific to position   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists.

Interview

Was directly hired following stint as an outside contractor. Because I had been performing the duties as a consultant, there was no interview. I was told "your record speaks for itself."

Negotiation

Non-existent. They told me what they were willing to pay.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was typical, but be prepared for negotiating, they ask to see paycheck stubs to verify your income. Recruiter is very nice and willing to talk and give info on the culture. Higher than average turn over rate there.

Quality Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Society of Anesthesiologists.

Interview

Spoke with Human Resources over the phone. They were very friendly and forthcoming. She asked about qualifications and background, and we discussed the work environment and responsibilities of the position.