American Standard Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Standard Brands (Piscataway, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Two in-person interviews, they paid for the cost of one of those (I do not live near their headquarters), but not both of them.  Poor communication, as I thought the second interview was for the job I initially interviewed for, turned out to be a completely different job, which I didn't find out until minutes before.  So I was totally unprepared.  Still they offered me a position with the company.  Pay was fair, benefits were good, but they expected me to shoulder the majority of the financial burden of relocating to their area and were completely difficult to work with in that regard and on the start date.  After weeks of negotiating, I gave up, the financial impact of trying to  move my family there, sell our house, and pay for housing was just too much to manage.  They had zero empathy for my situation and instead sent me a very rude email response back when I asked them to get back to me in three months if the position was still available (so I could get my house on the market and try to avoid renting while paying a mortgage).  Unnecessarily rude and stubborn.  I would avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• Given that I had no idea that I was interviewing for a different position the second time I went there, every question was difficult. I didn't have a chance to research the product or the position to be able to answer the questions effectively.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Standard Brands (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

There was only a Telephone Interview. It was a rather lengthy conversation. Basically they gave me an overview of the position and asked me about my qualifications. Also asked if I would have a problem traveling.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Standard Brands in August 2016.

Interview

I went through a telephone screen first and the recruiter was very clear about next steps. A few weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview and met with 3 different people. 3 days later, I received an offer. On my first day, everything was ready and up and running: computer, email address, access, etc. They don't mess around at ASB.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very professional. No pressure. I had enough time to make a big decision, and ASB was very patient and accommodating the whole time. I'm very impressed.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Standard Brands in April 2016.

Interview

We had very pleasant conversation, talked about my previous experience, my skill sets and my portfolio. We had very pleasant conversation, talked about my previous experience, my skill sets and my portfolio.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Standard Brands (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with "contract" hiring agency, phone screen with hiring manager, face-to-face interview with hiring manager. This process took over 3 months - including long breaks in communication (when I thought I wasn't being considered any longer). The final determination came after emailing and calling the hiring agency recruiter to ask about the status - she must have felt sorry for me. She called me back and told me 'another candidate was selected.'

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Do you have any kids? Who does your spouse work for? What does your spouse do there? No kidding.   1 Answer

Director of R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Standard Brands (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Great experience. I met with my potential boss, co-workers, Human resources and the CEO. Even one was professional and asked good questions. I was there all day from 9 am thru 4 pm. The Human Resources department was very helpful, providing a good agenda and kept good contact with me throughout the process. I was very interested but we could not come to a financial package that would make it worth me leaving my current job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Standard Brands (Mansfield, OH).

Interview

Start out as a temp through Spherion Staffing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating!

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nevada, MO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Standard Brands (Nevada, MO) in December 2008.

Interview

I contacted American Standard in September 2008 to see if any administrative positions were open at that time. I was told that two positions may open up near the end of the year, so I took my resume to them the next day. I checked back a couple of time over the next few weeks and was told nothing was available yet.

The middle of December I received a phone call from the office manager that a position was being created for shipping clerk and was I interested. I aggreed to an interview which I would be contacted with details later in the week. The next week the interview was set up.

I arrived at American Standard and was directed to Human Resources where I was interviewed by the Human Resource Manager and the Office Manager. I felt it went well and left. I was called the next week by Human Resources and was offered the position and was briefly filled in on wages and benefits. I scheduled a day the following week to get paperwork to fill out and was directed to access website to fill out paperwork and agree to drug testing and backround checks.

Everything went smoothly until they tried to verify with Technical School I had attended 25 years ago, they were on Christmas break and could not be reached, although all other informantion had been verified, this glich made the starting date over a month after my interview, which ultimately led to my lay off as they let the person last hired go. This is the reason I am hunting for a new job.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Standard Brands in June 2009.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Then I had a scheduled interview the following week where I met 4 people from the team. It was a very relaxed interview and the team was great. They wanted to know about my skills and what I could bring to the table.