American TV And Appliance Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American TV And Appliance Sales Associate Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American TV And Appliance (Davenport, IA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very detailed and focused on the individuals capacity to develop their skill set, and make customers feel comfortable and welcome. The first interview was conducted by the HR manager, and really was more of a screening process, designed presumably to weed out any weak candidates. The second interview was conducted by the department manager and the Stores General manager. This second interview really seemed to be the most important. Both interviewers asked several questions to test the accuracy of the information on the application, keep the applicant on their toes by forcing them to think through answers on complex situations, and to ensure that the candidate's perception of what the jobs responsibilities are were accurate. The interviewers were very upfront with what the jobs expectations are, and even went so far as to state that it is just as important for me (the interviewee) to understand about the company, as it is for them to understand about me. This was refreshing!! A company who is interested in a good fit for both parties? Wow!!!! My only advice is, be forthright, and do not BS they are very sharp and are obviously well trained at what they do, besides, they seem more interested in hiring someone who is willing to learn than a know it all who they need to re-train. The third and final interview was really more of a final check in and consisted primarily of a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between pushy and persistent?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to break a rule or policy for the right reason.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Other Interview Reviews for American TV And Appliance

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American TV And Appliance (Davenport, IA) in September 2008.

Interview

Store was just opening and they seemed to be interested in people who could sell.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe everyone has stolen at some point at there job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotioan.