American Tower Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.9

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Tower (Boston, MA).

Interview

First phone interview, then in person interview. There was no technical questions, not much HR involved. Mostly it's about meeting the team. They accentuated a lot on the workload.

Attorney I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

About 2 weeks after submitting my application I got a phone call and did a pretty informal phone screening/interview. Got an e-mail the next week inviting me to go interview on-site. Interviewed with 2 different attorneys. Thought it all went well and everyone seemed friendly enough. Sent a follow-up a couple weeks later. Got told to follow-up with the recruiter who called me. Sent her a follow-up. No response. Complete radio silence. I don't understand that difficulty of sending an e-mail telling me where I stand in the process, even if it's a rejection. It's ridiculously unprofessional to just ignore a candidate like that. And from reading other reviews, it seems like I'm not the only one with this kind of experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach [insert hypothetical situation]?   Answer Question

Land Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called within a week. In the call the Hiring Manager set up an interview for me to come into the offices. Upon arrival, I was seated in a conference room with other people. After a few minutes, my interviewer came in & the other people did not know where to go. I met with 3 people in total, all 1:1 interviews. The first one was with the Director of Acquisitions. He actually asked me questions unlike the other 2 people. The second and third person looked at my resume for about 5 minutes (yes, we sat in silence). Then they said, "Do you have any questions?".

Here we are over a month after my interview and I still haven't been notified if I was being further considered or not. This company has terrible management, terrible interviews and the people there think they are better than you and didn't seem to believe what you said. On multiple occasions I was asked how i could validate what I was saying.

I do not recommend going here. I would choose McDonald's over this place.

Interview Questions

• What do we do?
      What 3 words describe you? How can I validate that?
      What is NPV?
      What is IRR?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I passed the phone interview. About 10 days later, they brought me in and I met with 4 different people. Overall, a pleasant experience and standard interview questions. However, zero follow-up after a few weeks. No response to my request to see where I was in the interview process - nothing. Very odd. I've never had that experience before. I would never continue to bug them (unprofessional), and I told my recruiter not to call them again. It does make me wonder why they don't have the professional courtesy to reach out to my recruiter (or me) and let him know the status of the position. Discouraging.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Tower (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I went back and forth with the recruiter via email for a month before we finally connected for a phone interview. She cancelled our phone interview at the last minute and then was late to call for the rescheduled interview. I had to give her my availability numerous times because she said my emails kept getting lost in her spam folder. So once I finally had my phone interview with the recruiter I then had a phone interview with a team member. After that I was invited on-site for an in person interview where I interviewed with two team members. I was invited back a second time to interview with two more people because they were out of the office for my first interview. I followed up a couple weeks later when I didn't hear back and no one responded. They strung me along for about 2 months and then just never called to let me know I didn't get the position. Very unprofessional.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was more about your career goals and how you would fit into the company and the position. There were about three different interviews with the different managers in the roles you would take during the rotational program. So almost three different interviews back-to-back then a smaller interview with the HR manager and a review of the interviews with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal? How does this position fit into that goal?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself. (Try to separate yourself from other candidates.)   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a dissatisfied customer. How di you go about resolving the issue?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA).

Interview

It took 3 weeks for HR to notify me they wanted to interview me. Initial interview with hiring manager. Call back a few days later with interviews with 3 other attorneys and a member of HR. Very straightforward questions about experience with basic behavioral questions. No uncomfortable or ridiculous questions like "what animal would you be" or "what is your greatest weakness?" Call with an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in the wireless industry?   1 Answer

Document Review Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First a staffing agency submitted my resume. Then I was called in for an interview with the head of the project.
    It was relatively informal, lasted less than 30 minutes. It did end with the standard "Do you have any questions for me?" but the interviewer seemed pleased when I recapped the pertinent details about job duties and salary and instead asked what about the work interested her.

I found out the next day that I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you more comfortable working alone or as part of a group.   Answer Question

Attorney I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 sets of two peoples in one day. Most interviewers were very nice. One texted the enter time and did not say goodbye or shake hands at the end.

Territory Manager Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Tower (Woburn, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple round of interviews with both HR representative, direct manager and executive level manager. Definitely looking for a group consensus on hiring decisions. Process took much longer than expected. Have gone through their process several times and each time there was poor follow up by the company before the available position was eventually unlisted only to be relisted several months later. They don't seem to be able to make a decision or know what they want.