American Traffic Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Traffic Solutions Interview Questions

2.5

Image Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The managers that interviewed me were very friendly. We went over my resume and talked about the process of the position. I recommend just being yourself, be friendly, and be ready to answer some basic questions about the company. Caring about their goal (public safety) is a huge plus. If chosen, you will have to pass a background check and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• What problem or difficulty did you have at a former job, and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Pretty unimpressive interview process. Initial interview and subsequent interview with HR were basic. The follow up interview included a peer and potential manager. The peer was competitive, and in addition to asking interview questions, answered several of the questions following my response. It was awkward.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many situational questions.   1 Answer

Data Scientist/Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions (Tempe, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

very unprofessional. They work with a recruiting agency called Headfarmer. Even though the official position title was senior business analyst, they advertised it as a data scientist to increase applications. Moreover, interviews lacked a structure. 3 employees interviewed me and asked me the same questions. It seems that they have very less work in machine learning. Most of the work is limited to MS. Excel and they are having a hard time to find a candidate. Headfarmer told me that 1 candidate had decided to not go ahead with them. The department is very small and doesnt seem to have any room for growth. ATS told Headfarmer that I was not a right fit, when Headfarmer and I both felt that the feedback doesn't make sense at least based upon job description and responsibilities. The company also lacked proper scheduling and they changed my final interview timing with a very short notice

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions.

Interview

Phone and face to face interviews with recruiter before interviewing with the company. Multiple interviews with senior leaders and HR. Prepared detailed plan for first 90 days and processes to improve. Prepared presentation for homework assignment and presented twice to the executive leadership team. Had individual and panel interviews and one dinner interview.

Interview Questions

• Are they organizing the company structure & responsibilities into the correct departments?   1 Answer

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

A bit convoluted; towards the end, I was about ready to say I was no longer interested. In fact, I told the department head, "Is THIS how it's going to be once I get hired?" The recruiter found me on LinkedIn and really sold me on the company, as I wasn't interested. (I'm glad he did!) If memory serves...I went through a phone interview; I was asked to come in for an interview with my direct manager; I was asked to come back in for an interview with my direct manager and his/her manager (the department head) and to take a little writing test; I was asked to come back in for an interview with my direct manager and one of the senior executives, who demanded I provide another writing example. Whew! Then, there was the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical and nothing seemed difficult or unexpected. Well, except for having to provide an example of my writing. That was unexpected and more than annoying, as I'd already gone through the writing test and had the years of experience and references to prove I was "the real deal." It just seemed a bit over the top and as though the senior executive wanted to show me, my direct manager, and his/her manager who was the boss. The process bordered on "dealth by interview," with just one more hoop to jump through over and over. I am glad I stuck with it, as I very much like my work and team. But it did start to make me think the company was too disorganized, didn't know what they wanted, and didn't know quality when they saw it. My manager and his/her manager to this day insist it was unusual and took them by surprise, so I don't know that everyone should expect so much running about.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter handled all interfacing, from scheduling the interviews to making the offer. He had indicated the salary range before I accepted the first interview and then he made the offer at the top of the range. I countered for more, saying I would not require insurance and, therefore, would cost the company less. (All true!) He said he'd have to get back to me, at which time he agreed to my counter offer. He was always easy to reach, quick to return phone calls, and super professional.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions.

Interview

Recruiter calls - conducts phone interview
    Recruiter calls - schedules a phone interview with hiring manager
    Recruiter calls - schedules a in-person meeting (interview is by a panel)
    Hiring Manager calls- 2nd in-person interview - offer provided
    Salary Negotiation
    Hired

Interview Questions

• The interview process contains many behavioral type questions. The same type of scenario or question is asked differently. If you provide a different answer, then you may not get the job as it displays the inability to make a decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not difficult.

Violation Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions.

Interview

A recruiter from American Traffic Solutions called and left a voicemail about a job I applied for and wanted to discuss the job and my experience. I returned the call twice, several hours apart and made myself available to speak with her when they called back, to which she never did.
    Then to add salt to the wound of job searching I get an email thanking me for applying but no thanks and then a second email that thanks me for discussing the position and my experience. A discussion that never took place.
    Seriously? In this economy you can have the pick of thousands but I find it incredibly inconsiderate not to mention frustrating to call to set up an interview or "discussion" and then just leave an applicant hanging for several days before sending these inappropriate and inaccurate emails.
    I wonder if this is an indication of how employees are treated at American Traffic Solutions generally.

Interview Questions

• No questions as the recruiter never returned the call.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions in April 2013.

Interview

Several interviews

Interview Questions

• Focused on uniqueness of business of selling to local governments   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions (Tempe, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Two formal interviews, one via phone one in person. Standard technical interview company process. The interview will vary dramatically depending on the team that is being applied for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Traffic Solutions in January 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the company, they had received my resume through a third party. I had an impromptu phone interview, followed by an in person interview at the location where I am supporting with the regional field service manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions based on my resume in particular on PWM and microwave technologies.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they made a very generous offer to have me come on board to turn the contract around and promote success.