American Type Culture Collection Biologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Type Culture Collection Biologist Interview Questions

2.8

Associate Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

Interview

I got a phone call saying I would have an interview next week and that I would revive an email with a choice of times to choose from. Got the email, sent my time in, they were able to accommodate it. I was interviewed by two supervisors and an HR rep. Very good interview. About an hour long

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

Interview

The whole process took around 5-6 weeks. The first round was a brief phone interview with the Research Scientist. This was a combination of technical and HR questions. I was then called in for an on-site interview which included 4-5 one-on-one interviews with the whole team and a 30 minute presentation by me on my research experience. Overall, the interview was a good learning process that focused only on behavioral questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a team?
      Have you faced any challenges in the past?
      Have you had any disagreements with co-workers?
      Have you had any regrets about your previous job?
      Answer Question

Associate Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection (Manassas, VA).

Interview

5 Interviews over a course of 3 hours, about 30 or 45 minuets with each person. With lead biologist, supervisor, and HR. Very informative, welcoming, and understanding! They did a great job in going explaining the position, needs and expectations, if you ask the right questions you will see they provide what you need to be successful in your position. Not too many technical questions but be prepared to explain experiences listed on your resume!

Senior Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection (Gaithersburg, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Very streamlined, with good communication throughout the entire process. A research presentation to a group of scientists was required at the on-site interview. Multiple one-on-one interviews were also part of the process. The on-site interview lasted about 4 hours and was average in difficulty. There were a number of behavioral questions asked by each of the individual interviewers

Interview Questions

• The behavioral questions were typical of any job interview and not difficult if one is prepared.   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted a few days later for a phone screening with HR. About a week after this I did a phone screening with the scientist who would be the supervisor for the position, and about a week later a two hour Skype interview with HR, the supervisor, and a few other people.

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions about working with people, strengths, weaknesses, etc. The phone screening with the scientist focused on technical aspects of the position.   1 Answer

I did not feel their offer was commensurate with my experience or especially with the cost of living in Northern Virginia. They were unwilling to negotiate salary or relocation assistance. The negative employee reviews across multiple job-search sites were also concerning.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection (Manassas, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview a Biologist position in IRR department.
    HR did good job at arrangement,slow process,but professional.
    Group interview with 8 people,a lot of questions,age avrege under 30 years old.
    I like this group,seems everybody show friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult work situation you had before?   Answer Question

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection in March 2015.

Interview

Very simple, very easy. Got a call to schedule the interview. Then, day before interview, I got a confirmation call and was told the salary -- 40% below my last salary. Interview was very easy and smooth. Took less than an hour and that included the 30 minutes with HR explaining benefits. Job sounded great.

Biologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection.

Interview

4 hour interview process that consisted of meeting with the director of the department, senior biologist, three scientist, HR and a 45 minute presentation. I declined as the salary was too low.

Interview Questions

• What was something that you were involved with troubleshooting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection (Manassas, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview is in a group format. Met with representatives from HR, my specific lab, and an outside department. The interview process was very straightforward with no difficult questions. They mostly asked about my experience and how I could contribute to the contract they are working on.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Type Culture Collection (Manassas, VA).

Interview

I was contacted in regards to coming in for a face-to-face interview. It consisted of 4 interviews, each 30 to 45 minutes in length, and included interviews from your potential supervisor, the director of the department, HR, and a leading scientist at the company.

Negotiation

I negotiated salary, but they did not budge much.