American University Writer/Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Writer/Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American University (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

Was called by future boss about coming in for an interview. The interview itself made it seem like the job would keep me very busy (in a good way), though that's not how it turned out. My future boss was very friendly, sometimes a little too chatty and repetitive, but nice. Did a writing test to see if I could match their style and tone. Was brought in for a second interview with two team members, which was a little awkward because I wasn't sure how I'd actually be working with them. They seemed like they weren't sure why they had to meet with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about interpreting a scientist's research for a layperson?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took a pay cut for this job, so they knew they had to offer me the highest end of the salary range.

Other Interview Reviews for American University

Writer/Editor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American University.

Interview

Competitive application and interview process. Needed some experience, writing samples, job recommendations. Application was relatively easy (pretty typical) interview was hard with several levels including being interviewed by students.

Interview Questions

• Was not prepared for the targeted selection style of interviewing at first. It is a weird style, but a good one once you get the hang of it. I will use it in the future.   Answer Question