American Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ).

Interview

Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial screening was done by corporate office HR by phone. Was called back the day after to schedule an in-person interview at the office where the job was located. Interview was a very organized conference call with 3 interviewers total and lasted about an hour. Was called the day after the interview with the offer. Process after the initial phone screen was quick. In person interview was primarily a standard behavioral interview.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with a regional HR rep. After that I met with the hiring manager for an informal interview. I then went to an onsite interview that involved behavioral/experience questions. I had one more informal interview where we went out to lunch.

Interview Questions

I received another offer that I couldn't pass up.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

1 step panel interview with several executive manager for about an hour and then offer made directly afterwards. It was a bit intimidating but I survived and put my best foot firward and it apparently paid off.

Financial Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Water in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by phone regarding previous experience and education. They went with someone with more experience than I had.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Water.

Interview

Was contacted and interviewed by a recruiter and told about the position, seemed like a great fit with my background doing mergers and acquisitions. We settled on a rate and was submitted for the role. Interest and an interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. On the day of the interview with the hiring manager the interview was cancelled 10 minutes after the scheduled time because after further review they felt i was over qualified for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Could i explain my experience with corporate Mergers and Acquisitons.   Answer Question

Meter Reader Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Water.

Interview

General Questions about experience. There is nothing else to tell, as it was that easy. The person was dry and timid like. We reviewed my resume on a high level. There wasn't any hard questions. I posted my resume on a career site and was called for an interview. A day later went for interview and received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What area did you cover? Type of equipment used   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alton, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Alton, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online thru a temp service and also emailed the recruiter my my resume I had four interviews altogether two over the phone and two face to face for American Water the interview process was pretty easy. They asked questions related to past experiences and situations and have you take a few customer service scenario test, typing test and fill out a sheet answering questions about yourself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Water (Pensacola, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Took a Wonderlic and then did an interview with a manager and someone from HR. Also listened to a few calls. It was a pretty quick process. They hired through a temp agency, so a lot of things were already set up.

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Camden, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

My experience with American Water was a dud.

There was a telephonic exploratory call followed by an on-site interview.

Right from the telephonic call to the interview, everything was grossly unorganized and informal. If you are calling an applicant for an interview on-site, you should at the least make sure he/she is formally/properly interviewed.

During the interview, I had a nice interaction with the hiring manager where she told me that she was very impressed with my profile and wanted me to go ahead with the next step of the process. After that I never heard from her/HR for more than a month and post one month I received an auto email stating the rejection of my application for this position.

Firstly, I don't get their point in calling a person (who drove more than 1 hour to their location) and entertaining him for just an informal 10 minutes interview.

Secondly, this rejection email came as a surprise, more so as an auto email and not from the HR. HR should have had some nature of professionalism to politely reply back to me with whatever decision was taken.

Never applying to this organization for any position again till they have people like these in their management.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just overview of skills.   1 Answer