American Water Interview Questions in Voorhees, NJ | Glassdoor

American Water Interview Questions in Voorhees, NJ

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Efficient, intensive, good dialogue. Met with several senior executives across departments. Everyone was enthusiastic, friendly, knowledgeable and forthright. The company seems to be in the throes of change, with an aging workforce and newer management team.

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in January 2014.

Interview

Was referred to the project manager support position through a recruiting company. The mgr was placed at the company and they referred me as a qualified candidate. I had a 30 -40 minute phone interview. The feedback I received was that I interviewed well but they were looking for someone with more SDLC experience. But this was not a (required) skill listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were behavioral and project related; how do you control risks on a project; what were project documentations used in past projects; what is there that you would like to tell me about yourself that I do not know already regarding the position;   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ).

Interview

Was called by two in house recruiters and was told I would be contacted for an in person interview. I was never contacted. I called 4 or 5 times during a three month period to follow up and inquire as to what happened and never received a call back. Very disappointed after having spent at least an hour on the phone with the recruiter.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and a project manager, they asked about my experience, how I deal with challenging situations, described the tasks and work environment.
    I got a very positive impression of the people, the office and corporate culture. The people who interviewed me seemed busy, but relaxed and happy.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with SMEs who don't want or are too busy to give you the needed information   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Water (Voorhees, NJ) in August 2010.

Interview

I had an employee referral, but had to apply online in order to get an interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. Questions asked to describe project management processes and how you apply them to projects. The face to face interview was a 2 person panel. Mostly behavioral questions like; how did you correct a project that was behind schedule?

Interview Questions

• Has a project that you managed ever been cancelled? If so, explain why.   Answer Question