American Well Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

American Well Interview Questions

Interviews at American Well

2.7

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Well in November 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position through job boards,Got a phone call asking about my previous projects later a 30 minutes phone interview with the Software Manager,mostly about core java concepts,overriding,inheritance

Interview Questions

American Well Response

Mar 6, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Its great to read your feedback from your interview in 2017 and it sounds like it was a pretty straight forward experience. American Well is growing and we have plenty of other new opportunities in... More

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Well.

Interview

Phone screen which lasted about 30 minutes. American Well is a company from Massachusetts so I was wondering why they were recruiting in other states. They said they were looking for several remote developers. Sounded good, but not sure if they were actually looking to hire in other states. They didn't have an office in my state. The phone screen was quite easy, I was able to answer all questions except one on the front-end. My resume clearly shows that I am a back-end developer and I applied for a back end developer position. Anyways, a few days after the interview the HR person says I was rejected without saying why. I don't understand why I was rejected but the Indian lady I interviewed with clearly didn't think I was a good fit, even for this mid-junior position. Honestly felt it was just a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Very basic software engineering questions; difference between final, finally, finalze, difference between DB function and stored procedure, What is a sequence, web services, data structures, etc.   Answer Question

Mar 7, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for providing feedback on your interview experience. American Well has been building out the Engineering Department over the past few years due to the huge growth we are experiencing in the... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Well in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online. After few days I got an email from HR and scheduled initial phone screen. After that we scheduled a phone interview with technical person. They asked me to tell about my previous experience and there was some basic questions about java and databases. I answered everything and thought the interview went excellent. After a week without response I wrote an email and got reply that they need someone more experienced. I was surprised since I know I answered all technical questions, so may be a reason was different.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's difference between final, finally and finalize?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

First was from the HR which was about 5 to 10 minutes . Next was a phone interview which was technical and last about 30 minutes and final was in-person interview with 3 people for 3 hours .

Interview Questions

American Well Response

Mar 9, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your interview experience with American Well. We are continuing to grow our Engineering Department so feel free to reapply in the future!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward, they have you meet with all of the key players so you don't have to go back a bunch of times if they want you

Interview Questions

• They want to know you know your stuff, they don't want to be teachers.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Over the phone interview followed by two in person interviews. All of those interviewing were welcoming and kind. Malleability is important to the interviewers because the company is changing quickly. They want to know that the employee is willing to mold to the needs of the company. In other words, don't assume your role will not change.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an experience with telecommunications?   1 Answer

Integration Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Well in October 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with Talent Acquisition / HR was fairly straightforward. However I did not have further phone screens with the folks I was told I was going to speak with. And I was eventually called about 10 minutes late for a half hour phone interview with a very disagreeable current employee. The questions asked of me were not open-ended - the interviewer was looking for very specific answers and acted rebuffed when I did not engage them back in this manner. It was a terrible experience and I walked away annoyed.

Interview Questions

• Which versions of HL7 are you familiar with?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Talked briefly with CIO on the phone, interviewed in person, then no response. No thank you, no follow-up, just nothing. Ask yourself: if an employer treats its candidates like this, just imagine how they'll treat you when you work there. I was told the the first few months would be "very difficult" (meaning: lots of weird hours, zero direction, and the blame game when things go awry). I was also told there is no training money budgeted for IT staff, so you either know it, you learn it, or you'll be fired. My guess is that they're a typical start-up looking to expand and anyone they hire for this position is expendable. Beware.

Interview Questions

• "What you can you do for us right away when you walk in the door?"   1 Answer

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Well (Worcester, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online, took 2 weeks I received an email from a recruiter to conduct a phone interview. First time, the recruiter emailed me saying that won’t be able and if it is ok to reschedule for the following day at the same time. I confirmed with the recruiter then we were supposed to have the phone interview but never heard from the recruiter. It was waste of my time. A company like American well should have a better recruiters team.

Interview Questions

American Well Response

Apr 19, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us to make sure everyone who interviews with American Well has a positive experience, even if it doesn't end in an offer. So we are sorry to hear... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was brought in to the office for an in-person interview. I met with a junior person for 15 minutes. Then the head of marketing spoke to me for less than five minutes. There was no follow up on their end at all.

It was as if they already hired someone and just wanted people to come in (waste my time) to fill some quota.

Interview Questions

• They did not even take the time to ask or listen.   1 Answer