American Well Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

American Well Interview Questions

Interviews at American Well

2.7

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was communicative throughout the process. Two initial phone calls went well. The next step was a series of conversations in person. They had 4 candidates in for the role at the same time rotating between rooms on 3 different floors. It felt a bit like getting shuffled around like cattle. There were also a group of current employees standing around the reception desk within earshot of the candidates waiting in the lobby gossiping and speaking negatively about some aspects of the organization - including a current employee with a sheer top and dark colored undergarments. This was not a great impression to make on prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• What would you say has made you successful in your current role?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Well.

Interview

Interviewer "Ghosted" on me - Initial interview/call never happened.
    Contacted HR person - to see if we could reschedule
    Response was apologetic that HR person missed the call - said they filled the position & would keep me on for other oppertunities

Not at all professional

Oct 16, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

American Well and the Recruitment Team take everyone’s time very seriously. While there is no excuse for missing rescheduled calls, we are going through a transition period within HR and our... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very long processing and reaching out to references doesn't mean you got the job, it means to keep more than one candidate on until they decide based on references. defiantly odd. My advice is to keep looking because they will make you feel you have it in the bag.

Interview Questions

American Well Response

May 31, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. While we try to move the interview process along as quickly as possible, we do have a thorough process for interviewing and identifying the best fits for American Well... More

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Well in January 2017.

Interview

It was a little drawn out from the first phone interview then another phone interview and finally an in person interview. There was a bit of time between each step.

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you for this position?   1 Answer

Mar 9, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the input on your interview experience. Here at American Well we try to move the interview process along as quickly and efficiently as possible. Due to the schedules of the team, it can... More

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR to decide salary (they said 75k was the maximum for this position)

Phone screen with internal IT manager, who was below the more senior Hosting IT managers. Asked zero skill based questions.

In person interviews had again no skill based questions whatsoever for two hours. Mostly wanted to see if I would fit personality wise with the team. None of the employees I met with seemed to have vast knowledge of what I was going to be working on, and I believe that is why they did not ask skill based questions.

The internal IT manager is on the way out. The current systems administrator is out this week. They used to have two and have not backfilled the position despite the company growing from ~100 to ~400 in three years. Everyone I interviewed with talked about pretty much everyone at the company having extremely high workloads. The department has to know things will be a total wreck once the current manager leaves.

The staff taking over the load is extremely young. There is extremely high turnover with the department with most employees in the internal IT department being there less than two years. At least on less than six months, and one less than a week.

Interview Questions

American Well Response

Mar 6, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the detailed feedback on your interview process. We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience. The American Well Recruitment Department has been working hard to hire top talent on the... More

Hosting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I first participated in a phone screen to go over some basics about the role. Time commitments, basic overview of the job, and brief resume review to ensure that there was at least some level of a match. This lasted about 20 minutes.

Next was the on-site interview, where I met with the hiring manager, and two other members of groups I would be working closely with. This lasted approximately 90 minutes. The questions were not a technical drill, but they did test for some basic technical competency. Identifying work ethic, interest, and professional presentation seemed to be the bigger goals.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your potential role with American Well contributing to your long-term career goals?   Answer Question

Project Management Office Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

As I understand it, there are two phone interviews and two in-person interviews. I stopped the 2nd phone interview when I realized that this was not going to be good fit for me.

The 1st phone interview was very short and informational and more of a screening really that an interview. It was average. I walked away with a very neutral impression, neither impressed nor repelled.

The 2nd phone interview was suppose to be with the direct hiring manager but the person sounded like an HR intern at her first week on the job asking scripted questions and providing scripted comments. She lacked critical listening skills and came across very inexperienced. When I stopped the interview to back out of the interviewing process, there was complete silence on the other side. As the professional, I had to be the one to wish them well in finding the right candidate. Still nothing but silence on the other end so I hung up.

It's hard to imagine that THAT was the hiring manager. And, if it wasn't, they should've rescheduled. If it was, I'm doubly glad that I only gave her 15 minutes of my time.

Interviewing process needs to be overhauled. I have no idea what they're doing over there and I have a feeling they don't know either.

Interview Questions

• Asking me how I helped to automate any processes previously when I just had gone over in great detail how I helped automate processes previously.   Answer Question

Oct 26, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

American Well works hard to educate each of our hiring managers on interview conduct. We are sorry to hear you felt your experience was lacking. We thank you for your feedback and will continue to... More

Salesforce Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

All around the process was good. The technical recruiter responded to my application within an hour, had a phone interview with them the next day, and a video interview with the hiring manager a week after that. About a week afterwards, I was informed they were going with another candidate (clarity that is much appreciated).

Conversations were casual and conversational. Seemed like pleasant - albeit really busy - people. Questions were pretty standard for an interview.

Interview Questions

American Well Response

Jun 10, 2019 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for this feedback. It's great to hear you had a good experience interviewing with American Well! We are growing so please continue to check our careers page for any other positions of... More

Senior IOS Software Engineer (Remote) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at American Well (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone, screen share test, 3 hour 3 person Skype, CTO Skype, then wait over a week for the answer on a remote position. After all this they decide to not have the position remote. That's a lot of time that was wasted.

Interview Questions

American Well Response

Mar 8, 2018 – Senior Recruiting Manager

We are sorry to hear that you felt interviewing with American Well was a waste of time. As you are aware, American Well has been building out our Engineering Department and because of this growth, we... More

See What American Well Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros: “*Some* of the People: I loved my peers and most of my colleagues on my team dearly, and try my best to keep in touch with them. We were a tight-knit group, and all had the same pros and...”“*Some* of the People: I loved my peers and most of my colleagues on my team dearly, and try my best to keep in touch with them. We were a tight-knit group, and all had the same pros and cons about our experience and the company, so I knew it wasn't just "me." Location: It really can't be beat. The building and security staff are amazing, and super friendly. I spent a LOT of late nights (if not close to all-nighters) in that building and would always get a hello and offer to walk me to a cab at all hours of the night. There is also a GREAT gym in the office building, with wonderful fluffy towels. Miss those towels. Healthcare: The insurance package is really great (if you pay for the middle to highest tier - obviously if you cheap out, the coverage isn't fantastic) - the vision and dental plans are to be missed! In my 3.5 years there, I saw steady improvements in these products as well as the 401(k) match addition.” – Full Review