Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via phone and email by the company through posting my resume on Monster to apply for some positions they had available. Once I applied, someone from their talent acquisition team called and emailed within 2 days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 min reviewing my resume and a few standard interview questions (why did you apply, what did you like best/least about your previous jobs); she also reviewed what the job entails, the training schedule, and salary. She started off and ended the interview by asking if I had any questions, so have plenty of questions to ask. The onsite interview wasn't scheduled right away; the same person that scheduled my phone interview called me 2 days later to schedule an onsite interview. At this point there were 3 contacts (the initial person that reached out, the interview scheduler, and the person that conducted the phone interview). It was a two person onsite interview, the manager the position would directly report to and another manager. One reviewed my resume with me and the other read behavioral interview questions from a packet. They wanted examples from previous job experiences. The final 'question' was a role play: customer called and is very upset about her billing and feels that she's been given the run around, how do you respond? Then they open it up to any questions from you. They said I would hear in a week via phone either way on if I got the job or not once they review all the interviews with the hiring team but I never heard from them. The interview was an hour long.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you handled a situation that was completely out of your hands and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you were placed in a new work environment and was faced with a difficult situation, what did you do?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (Henderson, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on April 25th by a recruiter who saw my resume online and invited me to apply. I applied on May 1st, I was invited to complete the online assessment on May 3rd, I did it on the 4th. I was contacted on the 5th to setup a phone interview for the 8th. I was told I'd be contacted within 2-3 business days if they wanted me to come in for a face to face interview, but they called me less than 2 HOURS later. Face to face interview was on May 11th, and I was told I'd hear back in a week, but I was offered the job today (the 12th).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an unreasonable request from a customer/client.   1 Answer

PIP Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was super responsive and kept in touch throughout the whole process. I do feel that I was promised that my salary would increase within 6 month, although it has, it is not to the level which the recruiter advised/promised it would to put me closer to the salary I was at at my previous position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty typical for a claim representative position.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (Green Bay, WI).

Interview

Very easy, they have you take a pre-screening test, it means nothing. My computer wasn't even working and it didn't seem to bother the person administering the test. The actual interview seems meaningless since they always need people. The prescreen test is listening to different types of phone calls and trying to remember the info.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions about your work history, a few STAR questions. There is so much turnover here they hire just about anyone, in my training class 12/15 had a criminal past. If you can't cut it in sales they send you down to client services also tons of turnover.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

application online, phone interview with the recruiter and an in-person interview with 2 supervisors and a manager. They asked about the claims related experience to get an understanding on how you deal with a customer with their auto claims.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a negotiate with a customer, how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical. Phone interview with a recruiter in Green Bay. I was in NY applying for AZ, I was lucky enough to be in AZ for a face to face. Basic questions, "describe a time." They then draw an accident diagram on the board and ask your thoughts on who would be at fault. Then had another phone interview with the director of claims (because I was back in NY) just to kind of finalize the "why should you be here." Received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Thoughts about the accident diagram on the board.   1 Answer

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (De Pere, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career fair. I received a call from a recruiter asking me to fill out an application. Once I did that, I got a call from an outsourced HR department asking to schedule an interview (seemed a little sketchy at first, but it was fine). The interview was conducted by the hiring managers of the 2 positions I applied for. They mostly asked behavioral questions. About a week later another, different. recruiter called to offer me the job.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (De Pere, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

I sat with two female interviewers who turned out to be two of my supervisors, one of which is now my direct supervisor, and I was asked many questions about my work experience, skills, and vision for my future with the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (Green Bay, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview.
    Second they brought me in for an in person interview. I interview with three different people. They were all very professional and asked all the right questions which I had no problems answering.

Auto Claims Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with an assessment attached about a week later. After completing the assessment I was contacted by email to set up a phone interview a week later. Phone interview was pretty basic just telling me about the position and then asking me about my resume. The woman I spoke with was very professional and easy to talk to. After the phone interview I received another email to set up an in person interview at their office here. The location here occupies one floor of a 5 story building and most of the people hanging around out front looked less than enthused to be there. To be fair they may have worked for another company in the building. There is no name on the building that would tell you Ameriprise even exists there. I arrived 10 minutes before my interview was scheduled to begin and waited. The woman who showed up (late) to interview me was wearing a halter top and jeans. She had a copy of my resume and a 5 page print out of questions to ask. She literally just read questions off the paper and nothing more. Another guy who was supposed to be doing the interview showed up half way through it with the same print out and asked me the same questions she did.( Although he was at least wearing a collared shirt.) It was like they didn't have an H.R. department so they just picked random people off the call floor to do interviews. It was not a very professional representation of the company. I finished up the interview and asked some questions about if they offered tuition reimbursement for certificates or work related classes, as I am currently in school, and they both looked at me like I had grown another head, which gave me the impression they just showed up and did the basics and that was all they cared about. They weren't sure and pretty much just made up an answer. I was told I would hear back by the end of the month and I received an email about 3 weeks later stating that they had decided to pursue other candidates who more closely reflected the position requirements. Overall it was a pretty easy process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• The questions were read from a print out and very generic. Describe a time you disagreed with a supervisor....Recall a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Standard things like that.   Answer Question