Ameriprise Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Financial Advisor Interview Questions

2.4

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Phone interview, call back for in-person. The phone interview was with an HR person who asked "get to know you" questions and also offered tips and advice for the in-person interview. Met with a team manager for the in-person interview. Basic behavioral questions followed by a mock telephone call in which the manager acted as an Ameriprise client.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Not a very difficult process. The interesting portion is where they discuss how and when you will achieve your certifications, the pay & commission, and what is expected of you in the role. Make sure you pay attention and really understand this part well.

The interview itself is about your prior sales/marketing experience, financial understanding, etc.

I remember them asking you to "simulate" a client call and also taking a timed financial exam. Both of these are fairly simple to get through.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience and expectations
      Sales/Marketing background questions
      Work ethics   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Plano, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Recruiter called me and asked me if I was interested. I said that I would be willing to give it a shot. After that I took an online aptitude test.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Phone screen, personality quiz, phone interview, in person interview #1, business plan presentation, in person interview #2... then after offer there is a lengthy background interview for FINRA. Very time consuming but what else is the be expected when entering this industry?

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2015.

Interview

I recently participated in a 30 minute phone interview, the first step in the interview process for Ameriprise. The recruiter was prompt in responding to my application submission, and setting up a phone interview. On the morning of the interview she called me right on time. She provided a brief overview of the position, based on information that she had sent a day earlier. I was asked two questions and then was given an opportunity to ask questions of my own. The recruiter was very professional and very helpful when I had questions of my own. She was also very detailed when it came to answering my questions as well as in describing the process that would follow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (West Bloomfield, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

Had an initial resume and application review. Was asked to move on to a phone interview, which went extremely well. I was then asked to take a behavioral and cognitive online exam that took 1.5 hours. They then were non-responsive for over a month and simply sent an email stating they were moving forward with other applicants. I found this rather unprofessional as I was interviewing with Merrill Lynch and Edward Jones which are better companies and both had the same exams which I was moved along within a week. I am not trying to complain but I have Juris Doctorate and was overqualified for the position. Oh well there loss and Merrill's gain!

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Interview with corporate reviewer, interview with regional manager, interview with employing advisor

Interview Questions

• How have your education and experience prepared you for a position in this field?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

looked at production, and U4 form. Met for lunch and chatted...informal

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your production in 5 years? We don't know what the stock market is going to do, so this is difficult to predict   1 Answer

Negotiation

no, but I should have done it...my partner did and he got a better package

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ameriprise in October 2013.

Interview

Long 6 face to face/phone interviews met various managers and execs. All interviews lasted approx one hour. There we're follow ups as well that took additional time. There were also skill and personality tests that took 3 hours each I recall. It was a bit much.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise in April 2013.

Interview

Meeting with their HR at a college job fair, had a phone interviews and in person personal interview and half day group interview with the hiring managers and team members

Interview Questions

• Had to do a mock call and get the a meeting set up with push back   Answer Question