Ameriprise Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

I applied through my university career site and met a recruiter at the career fair. I was offered an interview within three days that was on campus. I met with two individuals separately. They stated they would respond regardless within a week and a half. The second round interviews was a half day event with all intern interviewees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (New Orleans, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was informative and very casual. I learned a wealth of information from each of the interview. I am thankful for the information that was explained and provided. It was a face-face interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Easy, 15 minute get-to-know-you feel. Boss was friendly. Introduced you to people around the office. Very basic questions on past employment history. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Low pressure.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

It is a very through process. There are multiple interview, to ensure that the right person is being chosen for the job. Depending on the department, the interview process varies

Interview Questions

• Walk me through you resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

2 rounds. 1st round was a phone interview and the second round was in person. Basic scheduling questions along with being able to handle various forms of financial data.

Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Radford, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Sit down with one manager and asked questions for about 20 minutes. Kept it fun and to the point. Offered the job right then. Very relaxed environment and nothing to worry about! Dress is semi-casual.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy. Achieved the interview with an contact who was independent financial advisor associated with Ameriprise and recieved an interview with one of his colleagues. Phone Interview - simple behavioral/fit questions and immediately received an offer. Overall, very easy and pleasant experience.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Laid back, interviewer told me a lot about the company and what he does, asked me some questions about my extracurricular activities, my interests, and general info. Interviewer was a financial advisor and was very friendly, had a good conversation, no technical questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked with the employer at a job fair. They called me later that night to schedule a face-to-face interview the following day. About 3 weeks later that contacted me to schedule a follow up interview at company headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions e.g. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was easy and simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

First Round was two 30 minute behavioral interviews. Second round was at the Ameriprise headquarters and included an informational breakfast, two 30 minute interviews with mid-management, a tour, and an informative game. The interviews asked about work experience, behavioral questions, an excel spreadsheet case, and general conversation.

Interview Questions

• What other positions have you applied for?   1 Answer