Ameriprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.8

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

I applied via school job posting. A few weeks later received a call and got invited for an interview. The interview was quick and afterwards I got a tour. I never heard from them again.

Leadership Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Campus Interview, and then at Ameriprise headquarters in Minneapolis.
    Presentation, interviews, lunch, panel

*If you are a person of color, beware of this company. The LEAST diverse company I have ever seen*

Very easy interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

I applied through my university career site and met a recruiter at the career fair. I was offered an interview within three days that was on campus. I met with two individuals separately. They stated they would respond regardless within a week and a half. The second round interviews was a half day event with all intern interviewees.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Katy Moss was nice and very polite. She was most helpful in articulating exactly what skills were required for the position. The company decided to go forward with other candidates and I was disappointed, but Katy made me feel a little better by explaining that there was an abundant number of applicants to choose from for this particular position.

Operations Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Troy, MI).

Interview

Terrible communication. Three interviews total, but they would expect availability for these with almost no notice ( despite the fact they knew I had another job). They reached out to set up an interview, and I would provide multiple times available. They would never get back to me and then the day before they wanted to interview me, reach back out. They scheduled an in-person interview and then changed it to a phone interview. Then the interview itself was strange. They asked me 3 questions total- I wondered if they had an interview quota to fill though they already had decided on a candidate. If so, this was very discourteous and unprofessional. I had taken off work and spent time prepping for an interview.

After the interview, I was told I would hear within a week. I didn't. After two weeks, I followed up and got zero response.

Econometrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager then an in person interview from 9am- 4pm. The HR interview was very basic. The second phone interview was more specific to the job. The in person interview was mostly just answering questions about econometrics. Review your notes.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment do you like   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy interview. However, they did not have the courtesy to let me know if I was accepted or if the position was filled by someone else. Followed up multiple times but got no response. Very irritating to say the least. They finally sent me an email almost 3 months later letting me know they took someone else. It's alright though because I got a better position elsewhere.

Senior Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview - 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to assist with weeding out ineligible candidates that made it through the application tracking system.

Very friendly and personable, and had my resume on hand during the phone interview - also appeared to have reviewed my LinkedIn profile the same day as the interview, and sent me a connection request shortly after completion of the first interview.

I was called later that day to schedule the second round of phone interviews - no offers made based on the first interview alone.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your career, and what has you looking into something new.   Answer Question
    • You're still with your current employer - is that a consultant role, or full time? What are you currently doing at your current employer?   Answer Question
    • Is there any particular reason you are looking outside of that role presently?   Answer Question
    • You mentioned your friends also work at Ameriprise - do they work in this business line as well? Did someone share this particular role with you, or just advise you about their positive work experiences with Ameriprise in general?   Answer Question
    • Are you actively seeking new opportunities, or did this position catch your eye for a specific reason?   Answer Question
    • You do have a great background for this role, and I'm going to refer you to the hiring manager for a second interview. If you are not selected for this role, are there any other positions within Ameriprise that you would like to be under consideration for? If you do see any other open positions that you are interested in, please let me know and I will refer your application to those hiring managers as well.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process started with a screening phone call. After that there was an initial interview scheduled. Once that went well, there was another interview scheduled with someone else. After that there were screening tests before moving on to the final phase.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with a HR person, did not go beyond that. She was nice, and the interview was not particularly difficult. I was also more interested in other opportunities.