Ameriprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.7

282 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Very long application process online, including aptitude testing. Phone screening. In person interview with three upper management individuals. I was hired the next day. Fingerprints, background check, done.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest mistake you made in your last role, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Senior Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview - 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to assist with weeding out ineligible candidates that made it through the application tracking system.

Very friendly and personable, and had my resume on hand during the phone interview - also appeared to have reviewed my LinkedIn profile the same day as the interview, and sent me a connection request shortly after completion of the first interview.

I was called later that day to schedule the second round of phone interviews - no offers made based on the first interview alone.

Interview Questions

• Please walk me through your career, and what has you looking into something new.   Answer Question
    • You're still with your current employer - is that a consultant role, or full time? What are you currently doing at your current employer?   Answer Question
    • Is there any particular reason you are looking outside of that role presently?   Answer Question
    • You mentioned your friends also work at Ameriprise - do they work in this business line as well? Did someone share this particular role with you, or just advise you about their positive work experiences with Ameriprise in general?   Answer Question
    • Are you actively seeking new opportunities, or did this position catch your eye for a specific reason?   Answer Question
    • You do have a great background for this role, and I'm going to refer you to the hiring manager for a second interview. If you are not selected for this role, are there any other positions within Ameriprise that you would like to be under consideration for? If you do see any other open positions that you are interested in, please let me know and I will refer your application to those hiring managers as well.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview process started with a screening phone call. After that there was an initial interview scheduled. Once that went well, there was another interview scheduled with someone else. After that there were screening tests before moving on to the final phase.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with a HR person, did not go beyond that. She was nice, and the interview was not particularly difficult. I was also more interested in other opportunities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

See interview questions. 1). What motivates you to do your best work?

2). Give me an example of the last time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done.

3). What do you find most frustrating at work?

4). How do you define doing a good job?

5). Under what conditions do you work best?

6). What is your greatest strength?

7). Tell me about a work task you enjoy.

8). Tell me what "success" means to you.

9). Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?

10). Tell me about a work situation you had that required excellent communication skills.

11). How would you grade your ability to communicate?

12). Tell me about a change which occurred in one of your previous work environments and how you handled it?

13). Tell me about a time when a work emergency caused you to have to reprioritze.

14). What is the most difficult work situation you have faced?

15). What do you do when you have a great deal of work to accomplish in a short period of time?

16). What are your 5-year goals?

17). Do you have a financial plan?

18). How did you help your previous advisor achieve her goals?

Interview Questions

• 1). What motivates you to do your best work?

3). What do you find most frustrating at work?

4). How do you define doing a good job?

5). Under what conditions do you work best?

6). What is your greatest strength?

7). Tell me about a work task you enjoy.

8). Tell me what "success" means to you.

9). Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?

11). How would you grade your ability to communicate?

13). Tell me about a time when a work emergency caused you to have to re-prioritze.

14). What is the most difficult work situation you have faced?

16). What are your 5-year goals?

17). Do you have a financial plan?

18). How did you help your previous advisor achieve his/her goals?   1 Answer

New AAG Advisor Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Century City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviews were informative and very casual. I learned a wealth of information from each of the three interviews. I am thankful for the information that was explained and provided. It was an initial phone interview, followed by a face-face, and concluded with a final phone interview. I enjoyed all three interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be a Financial Advisor with Ameriprise?
      Why do most businesses fail in the first six months?
      How would your current and past skills contribute to your success in this role?   1 Answer

Interview

Campus fair followed by two rounds of interview, one over the phone, the other at their corporate headquarters. Overall behavioral questions, nothing unexpected; there was also one excel based technical question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

A brief phone interview followed by a 5 hour in person company day with 2 half hour interviews. Also went on a tour of their headquarters. Multiple candidates were there throughout the day.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

Interview

My recruiter Shawna was great! She communicated every step of the way. When she called to let me know I didn't get the role, she even provided me with feedback on the areas I could improve upon.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of time when you had to deal with someone who was difficult to get along with.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. We scheduled a brief phone screening, and then I was brought in for an in-person interview. My only complaint was that I was told I was meeting with one person, when in fact I was meeting with three. There was also a writing exam portion that I was not informed of in advance, but it was fairly straightforward. I didn't end up getting the job, but the recruiter called to tell me I "couldn't have done anything differently," they just went with someone with a financial background instead...can't blame them. Overall, an incredibly positive experience and I liked every Ameriprise employee I met.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle change? Give an example of a time you had to handle a last-minute change.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about being in a supporting role?   Answer Question