Ameriprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.6

Social Media and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Melville, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with the COO and head of marketing. Was a very casual conversation. They were mostly looking for someone who was competent enough to learn how to use their social media system, and someone who had enough time to work there.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my different experience on my resume, and how much time I had available to give them.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

-Case Study on previous project they conducted
          Was given 30mins to go over the case and outline a strategy to identify, analyze and help solve the issue at hand
    -Other behavioral interview, with personality test and personal fit in the specific PE team

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Easy, 15 minute get-to-know-you feel. Boss was friendly. Introduced you to people around the office. Very basic questions on past employment history. Asked about strengths and weaknesses. Low pressure.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in De Pere, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (De Pere, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

Behavioral based questions. Took about one hour maybe a little less. Overall not very difficult, just look over basic interview questions online before going in for the interview. Preparation is key if you want to look good in an interview.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview was very laid back and conversational. I spoke to the HR person on the phone and a few days she contacted me asking to schedule an in person meeting.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Not a very difficult process. The interesting portion is where they discuss how and when you will achieve your certifications, the pay & commission, and what is expected of you in the role. Make sure you pay attention and really understand this part well.

The interview itself is about your prior sales/marketing experience, financial understanding, etc.

I remember them asking you to "simulate" a client call and also taking a timed financial exam. Both of these are fairly simple to get through.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience and expectations
      Sales/Marketing background questions
      Work ethics
      1 Answer

Summer Analytics Interview

Interview

One on one interview with the manager of business development where he told me about the project and asked me how I would go about it. I was basically hired on the spot.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Rutgers, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I was offered an interview at a career fair for the following day. The interview was scheduled by email that afternoon and we met for two back to back 30 min interviews the following day with one Ameriprise hiring professional at each interview. The questions were entirely behavioral. Within a week I heard back and was invited to a second round interview at their headquarters which will occur in a month. The process is very competitive and behavioral/ personality based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when... (tons of different scenarios, like you were challenge? you were wrong? you faced issues in a project?...)   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and then an in person interview. The interview was over an hour and panel style with the hiring manger and another manager. They asked behavioral type questions, and a lot of them. After the interview they asked for my references and even called a few of them. I was expecting to get a job offer, instead the HR person emailed me and said they decided to hire an internal candidate. Who calls your references and then doesn’t give you an offer? My references had only good things to say about me so that was not the issue. A few weeks later, they called me to interview for another position. I did another phone interview with a different HR person. I was told I would be called back for an in person interview. After a week, I checked back with HR and was told I would hear something soon. However, I never heard back anything and after that never bothered to follow up again. I would not want to work for this company if they can’t even show respect to candidates by following up. Also the fact that they called my references and then did not make an offer was very annoying!

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very positive and made the company seem like a wonderful small business that I would love. They went through the benefits but did not harbor on why so many employees had quit recently or been terminated.

Interview Questions

• Work history, my positives and negatives, my expertise   1 Answer