Ameriprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.6

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and then an in person interview. The interview was over an hour and panel style with the hiring manger and another manager. They asked behavioral type questions, and a lot of them. After the interview they asked for my references and even called a few of them. I was expecting to get a job offer, instead the HR person emailed me and said they decided to hire an internal candidate. Who calls your references and then doesn’t give you an offer? My references had only good things to say about me so that was not the issue. A few weeks later, they called me to interview for another position. I did another phone interview with a different HR person. I was told I would be called back for an in person interview. After a week, I checked back with HR and was told I would hear something soon. However, I never heard back anything and after that never bothered to follow up again. I would not want to work for this company if they can’t even show respect to candidates by following up. Also the fact that they called my references and then did not make an offer was very annoying!

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very positive and made the company seem like a wonderful small business that I would love. They went through the benefits but did not harbor on why so many employees had quit recently or been terminated.

Interview Questions

• Work history, my positives and negatives, my expertise   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

phone interview and in person. Not super difficult, but you don't always interview with the teams you will be on.You get a chance to meet higher ups in the same department as you

Advisor Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I met a recruiter from Ameriprise at a university career fair and she set me up with an interview. Overall, it was a pretty quick process. My interview went well, I was asked mostly behavioral based questions and I had to role play during a "phone call". Hopefully, it will go well. I've seen many negative reviews about the advisor center in Las Vegas, so I hope my experience is a positive one. Ameriprise sponsors the series 7 and 66 exams during my internship, which is a great opportunity.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

The 1st Interview was basic.They Fly you out for second round. Behavioral Question are pretty basic. Nice people very relatable. It feeds into their leadership development program so that is nice. They hire about three intern.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview with HR within a week. I then was given two 30-minute interviews with the hiring manager and Director. Two days post interviews, I moved to the final round with the VP of the department. I was not selected for the position. All interviews were very behavioral based, which is normal for the company. It was also very conversational and easy in my opinion, until the interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult boss or person   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

1 interview. Role-playing. Questions about my experiences. Regulatory questions. Phone usage. After interview get drug test and 2nd phone interview. Job offer. No training just trip to Minneapolis for dog and pony show.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Asked for 10 percent increase but was not given.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone. The second round was in person at their Minneapolis Head Quarters. There, there was a welcome with an overview of the company and its executive leadership team, the layout of the internship and a light breakfast was provided. Following breakfast was two, 30 minute interviews back to back. After the interviews, all candidates (from every department) were brought together for a scavenger hunt, lunch, and closing remarks from recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work in a group and you didn't get along easily with a team member. What role did you take and how did you handle the situation? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • Why Ameriprise?   Answer Question
    • Why HR?   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly quick; took about 3 weeks. Had first round interviews on campus and then flown to headquarters for second round. Each round was comprised of two interviews lasting around 45 min each. Each interviewer I interacted with was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself, but failed to achieve it.   Answer Question

Customer Contact Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Monster the same day that I posted my resume. I was advised to apply for one of two Csr positions in order to continue the hiring process.
    I applied for the series 7 job first. I passed two assessment tests. Then I had a phone interview with the same recruiter that found me on Monster. She told me more about the job and then asked me like 3 behavioral questions. I was asked to meet the hiring leaders next.
    I was interviewed by two hiring leaders. One of them didn't like my responses I guess. I didn't get that job but the recruiter asked me to apply for the series 6 position and I'd be pushed forward to the face to face interview. A week after I felt confident the second time around. Now awaiting feedback.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • Q: What are your top 3 strengths?   1 Answer
    • Why Ameriprise?   1 Answer
    • Tell about a time when you made a mistake.   1 Answer
    • Q: Is there anything else that you would like me to know about you?   1 Answer