Ameriprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

It is a very through process. There are multiple interview, to ensure that the right person is being chosen for the job. Depending on the department, the interview process varies

Interview Questions

• Walk me through you resume.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Process took a few weeks from initial interview to first day of the job. Actual interview was very lengthy. Be prepared to answer a lot of typical interview questions ie tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself with the company in 2 years, how long do you intend to stay, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about yourself, why do you want to work here, know how to answer any questions re: info on your resume   Answer Question

Customer Service Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Went thru three separate interviews. The first was a phone interview. Second I met with the hiring manager. Then I met with the director. I was asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had the to make an unfavorable decision.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly, but started off telling me this isn't an interview more like a get to know you type meeting. One of the interviewers explain he was a psych major, and kept repeating that this wasn't an interview, and started asking personal questions about my life. He also was open with how he got to the position he's in now. Explain that they aren't looking for an admin right now, cause they don't know if they can afford it.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you wouldn't tell your interviewer about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Have you done anything bad/terrible, like for example murder?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your mother's death, don't go into details, but how it affected you.   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

One of the worst interview experience that I ever had. The recruit does not know how to email and sometime he does not even respond to the emails that we are sending. that is one of the main reason I did not like this company.

Interview Questions

• Very bad and poor communication about the process and poorly organized as like nothing organized.   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone, hiring manager in person, team member in person, HR in person and Sr Level in person. Process was typical for any large corporation. Challenges with outsourced hiring coordinators with getting complete information on the interviews and why a random phone call or email confirming interviews with people I've never heard of.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Kennesaw, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

2 rounds. 1st round was a phone interview and the second round was in person. Basic scheduling questions along with being able to handle various forms of financial data.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Three step process beginning with Human Resources review and screening; second step was interview with middle level manager within department; third step was interview with Vice President of the department. Fairly fast process, less than one month from start to finish. Mostly structured and by the book with little open discussion.

Interview Questions

• Describe how analysis of sets of data would be compiles and developed into a narrative which could be presented to Senior Leaders in order to convey necessary process and resource improvements.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview with a HR rep, she asked the basic questions like "Why do you want to work at Ameriprise?" Then a week later I moved on to the in person interview with the hiring manager. Both were very casual interviews, not stressful at all. It seemed like they were looking for more of a personality fit than stressing about what skills I have. After the in person interview they told me that I would receive an offer in a few days. Ameriprise seems like a great company and I could definitely see myself working there, however I declined and accepted an offer at another company that offered a higher salary and more vacation.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your work and friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely thorough and organized. They had a huge binder with everything I needed to review, sign & go through. They gave me time to read through all of the compliance manuals, disclosures, etc. I was fingerprinted and called back within a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question