Ameriprise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Not a very difficult process. The interesting portion is where they discuss how and when you will achieve your certifications, the pay & commission, and what is expected of you in the role. Make sure you pay attention and really understand this part well.

The interview itself is about your prior sales/marketing experience, financial understanding, etc.

I remember them asking you to "simulate" a client call and also taking a timed financial exam. Both of these are fairly simple to get through.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience and expectations
      Sales/Marketing background questions
      Work ethics   1 Answer

Summer Analytics Interview

Interview

One on one interview with the manager of business development where he told me about the project and asked me how I would go about it. I was basically hired on the spot.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Rutgers, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I was offered an interview at a career fair for the following day. The interview was scheduled by email that afternoon and we met for two back to back 30 min interviews the following day with one Ameriprise hiring professional at each interview. The questions were entirely behavioral. Within a week I heard back and was invited to a second round interview at their headquarters which will occur in a month. The process is very competitive and behavioral/ personality based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when... (tons of different scenarios, like you were challenge? you were wrong? you faced issues in a project?...)   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR and then an in person interview. The interview was over an hour and panel style with the hiring manger and another manager. They asked behavioral type questions, and a lot of them. After the interview they asked for my references and even called a few of them. I was expecting to get a job offer, instead the HR person emailed me and said they decided to hire an internal candidate. Who calls your references and then doesn’t give you an offer? My references had only good things to say about me so that was not the issue. A few weeks later, they called me to interview for another position. I did another phone interview with a different HR person. I was told I would be called back for an in person interview. After a week, I checked back with HR and was told I would hear something soon. However, I never heard back anything and after that never bothered to follow up again. I would not want to work for this company if they can’t even show respect to candidates by following up. Also the fact that they called my references and then did not make an offer was very annoying!

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with ambiguity?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

They were very positive and made the company seem like a wonderful small business that I would love. They went through the benefits but did not harbor on why so many employees had quit recently or been terminated.

Interview Questions

• Work history, my positives and negatives, my expertise   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

I was stood up by the hiring manager. No explanation and no apology. I'll never use this company in the future. They made me wait for an hour in the cold lobby and security questioned whether I actually had an interview (I did!)

Interview Questions

• I never got to this part because they stood me up.   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

phone interview and in person. Not super difficult, but you don't always interview with the teams you will be on.You get a chance to meet higher ups in the same department as you

Advisor Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I met a recruiter from Ameriprise at a university career fair and she set me up with an interview. Overall, it was a pretty quick process. My interview went well, I was asked mostly behavioral based questions and I had to role play during a "phone call". Hopefully, it will go well. I've seen many negative reviews about the advisor center in Las Vegas, so I hope my experience is a positive one. Ameriprise sponsors the series 7 and 66 exams during my internship, which is a great opportunity.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

The 1st Interview was basic.They Fly you out for second round. Behavioral Question are pretty basic. Nice people very relatable. It feeds into their leadership development program so that is nice. They hire about three intern.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied online, received phone interview with HR within a week. I then was given two 30-minute interviews with the hiring manager and Director. Two days post interviews, I moved to the final round with the VP of the department. I was not selected for the position. All interviews were very behavioral based, which is normal for the company. It was also very conversational and easy in my opinion, until the interview with the VP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult boss or person   Answer Question