Ameriprise Paraplanner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameriprise Paraplanner Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Paraplanner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise.

Interview

Pretty odd. Asked questions that seemed to be taken out of a "How to Interview Someone for Jobs" book. They spoke of the position as if it was impossible. I'm not sure what they were looking for, but it must not be someone who is registered with experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• In the past, we've hired people with your work experience and they didn't work out. What makes you different?   1 Answer
  • We have meetings during the day, how can we know that you'll be on time?   1 Answer
  • What kind of books have you read to better yourself?   1 Answer
  • What's the difference between a value stock and a growth stock?   1 Answer
  • We require you take a math test, is that okay?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ameriprise

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameriprise (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I called the advisor and let them know I heard about an opened from a business associate. They asked me to come meet in office. I met them and interviewed with the advisor and her business partner. It went well and I heard back from the advisor in about 3 days, was offered the job and negotiated my salary

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, whats your greatest weakness, are recent time when you didnt achieve a goal or a recent failure. I think interview questions aren't aimed at seeing how well a person is fit for a job but more a test to see how well you can interview, kinda bs to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

offered my $75,000 but I said I would need at least 80k to live in the San Francisco area and they obliged

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial phone conversation followed by a scheduled "in person" meeting. Several emails were exchanged to determine eligibility, background check, etc. Two more "in person," meetings/interviews to finalize offer and discuss income/benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Ability to start immediately.   1 Answer
    • Willingness to fore-go income for "bonus structure," that brought me close to my desired income.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told I would receive what I requested and felt was reasonable compesation. Nine months later, that hasn't exactly happened. The PTO/vacation package was almost a deal breaker.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Went through three interviews, checked past employment history which included working at another major wallstreet firm. I then was brought on for a 3 month probationary period which was over 2 years ago.

Interview Questions

• Probably whats the most difficult situation you've had at a past job and how did you successfully navigate through it   Answer Question

Negotiation

We're willing to hire you and take you on a a temp to hire assuming you do well in the 3 month probationary period.

Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Arden Hills, MN) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. We first had a phone interview for about and hour and then met the next morning. The second interview, which was the first face to face interview, was about 2 hours long. It consisted of talking about my skills as well as just myself and getting a feel for each other. Then I had a third interview with the business partner. This was more so he could get a feel for me, my personality, than about skills, etc.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary. All of the benefits offered were very satisfactory, so there was no need to discuss those.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameriprise (Naperville, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

Very in depth phone interview lasted at least 30min. Basically just wanted to feel you out. Said they would contact you if they wanted to interview you in person.

4 days later recieved word that they would like me to interview in person.

In person interview was basically just to make sure you looked the part very similar to phone interview.