AmerisourceBergen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiters for this Company twice for separate positions, at different times for the Charlotte, NC office. Both times the recruiters said someone would be contacting me to set up a face to face interview with in the next 1-2 days, but I never heard back from anyone. I gave it a few days and followed up, they never responded back. The pattern of not following up did not leave me with the best impression of this Company. I decided to withdraw all of my applications.

Interview Questions

• The questions were specifically geared toward the job advertisement.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Toledo, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Was recruited and asked to submit my application online. After submitting my application I received an email in regards to a phone screen interview and then moved on to an on-site interview, which was just a one on one interview with my potential manager.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

It has become a habit for me to look into Glassdoor before each interview. I was surprised to see all the bad interview experiences people have been writing about ABC on here...of course, like everyone else, I thought this would not happen to me. Boy was I wrong. Worst interview I've had and likely the worst interview I will ever have. The recruiter on the phone was ridiculously unprofessional. Not only did she call 15 minutes late and did not apologize or acknowledge it, but she didn't even introduce herself, the company, or the role. Definitely a "check the box" call. Started asking questions about my employment history right away and did not give me ANY opportunity to ask her any questions, during or after the interview. The whole phone call lasted about 12 minutes. What a waste of my time. Sadly, it is experiences like this that make people stay in jobs they hate so they don't have to deal with unprofessional recruiters that treat them as if they're worthless.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Penn, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

They already know your skills from your resume. In the interview they explain the company culture and organizational structure and get to know you. They want to know if you will make a good fit within the organization and ask a few questions about your recent/past work experience and personal questions about your classes and career goals.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans after graduation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Conshohocken, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had preliminary phone call with a recruiter. They asked me about my resume and some behavioral questions. The interview ended with an invitation to in person interview. When I went in I met with 3 people.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview went real well. She was very qualified to take interview being said good employer to work for if anyone have chance. very impressed Interview proceed was very easy and she called on schedule time

Reimbursement Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Rockville, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was really simple. I applied online then was called the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went amazing! The lady that interviewed me was nice friendly and professional. After i passed the phone interview I went to the office to meet with one interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to make sure i got along with others was a lot of the questioning.   Answer Question

Retail Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got email from recruiter asking times to set up interview. Replied back, with several days in the afternoon, since I work mornings. Red flag #1 - interview was scheduled for me at 11:30 am EST (so not a time zone thing). Since when is this afternoon? But I decided to re-do my schedule that day so I could take it.

Got my phone call and I knew right away I was doomed. Sounded like a 22 year old straight out of college who wouldn't understand why a mid-level professional would want to take a demotion-type of position (I had previously worked as a merchandiser before then got promoted to territory asst). those of us who are trying to break into an industry know sometimes in order to get into that industry, you have to a) either know someone or b) take a lower step down to get on with company. That was my intention, as I told the interviewer that I would ultimately love to work as an account representative since they are a pharma company.

Red flag #2 - I then was told they don't represent any drugs. Ummm.... pharma sales include medical devices, supplies, anything related to the industry, not just drugs. Ever here of DME? Again, had I had an older, more experienced person in the industry, they would have understood me, so no surprise when I got the reject letter.

Grad school, pharmacy tech, and 6 years of medical/ 3 years of sales experience mean squat even though #1 qualification on job advertisement "Good selling skills" but they are just looking for a glorified stock clerk who intends to stay that way and doesn't intend to move up.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to read a planogram?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

Interview

The recruiter will contact you quickly for their phone assessment and set up an interview within the next 1 week or so. The interview went fast with 2 managers taking turns asking questions. I had all the right answers and felt confident in myself. It almost seemed "too easy". I was contacted in a few days with no offer and they had decided to go with another candidate. I think they already had someone in mind or were hiring internally.

Rebate Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online. A week later a received an email from the recruiting coordinator asking to schedule a phone interview. Another week later I had the phone interview with a senior recruiter. This senior recruiter was 15 minutes late and did not apologize for being late. During the interview she noted the required experience was 0-2 years; however, the job posting clearly stated 2-4 years. I would not have wasted my time even applying for the job if I knew that! 2 terrible mistakes during a simple phone interview - what an embarrassing first impression of AmerisourceBergen! I can only imagine what it is like to be an employee of a company who cannot even handle phone interviews. The salary the recruiter told me was $37,000-$41,000. For an accounting role?! If you are looking for an accounting job within this company, PLEASE don't settle. That salary is incredibly low and the company is extremely unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Typical intercompany recruiter questions (aka super easy to prep for!) : What do you know about the company? Why are you looking for a new job? Asked about job duties in current and former job. Asked why I left former job. Why did I apply for this job? Asked about my salary expectations. Asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question