AmerisourceBergen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.7

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Amityville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (North Amityville, NY).

Interview

Was contacted by a third party recruiter and then by the company's internal HR. Was brought in to interview with the hiring manager the following week. The recruiter did a poor job of describing the role and did not make it clear that the company was a generics branch of AmerisourceBergen. Every question related to my ability to take a large volume of phone calls. No crazy questions, but was not a good fit for me. Office building lobby was dark and no one was at the front desk to let me in either which was a bit off-putting. Waited 7+ minutes for someone to acknowledge me. Did not get good vibes here, employees did not seem engaged.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen.

Interview

I applied for the position online it took a couple of days I was then contacted by a recruiter who asked me general questions in regards to my background and my experience. He then liked my personality over there phone therefore he set me up an in person interview with the hiring manager. I was sent an email with the interview time and location. After the in person interview it took another 3 days I would say and was then hired on.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very short and straight to the point. There was typical interview questions as well as questions you had to answer in regards to dealing with the elderly as well as questions regarding an angry customer and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Benefit Verification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in Charlotte, NC towards the end of July and received a email from a recruiter on August 3 to setup a phone screening. In the email she included the date/ time she was available and for me to provide a specific time I would be available based off her schedule. I responded to the email within 3 minutes with a specific date and time. She then replied back that she isnt available at that time but she can call me shortly after the time I agreed to. Okay fine. So I get the call on the day scheduled that "Oh something came up we're gonna have to reschedule for after 1p." Ok whatever at this point. She called me back at 3 as I was unable to talk and ask her if she could call back within 10 minutes. It's been an hour and still havent heard anything. After reading reviews on this company on how unorganized they are, I'm not interested in working for such a company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter was not very clear on the role. He could not provide a clear job description.
    He did say that he would call for a onsite interview but never bothered to follow up

Interview Questions

• How would you manage conflicting requirements   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen in July 2017.

Interview

An email was received from recruiter to schedule a phone screen with another recruiter. Once phone screen had been successfully completed, I was informed that my resume would be forwarded to the hiring manager to schedule a panel interview. Panel interview scheduled, then one hour before the appointed time, the recruiter contacted me to reschedule for the next week.

Panel interviewed with five managers and a director, from various southern states. Even though the position was posted as a remote western region position (I'm based in Northern CA), the director stated this was a replacement position for someone based in Phoenix, AZ but ideally they wanted someone based in Southern CA, in Orange, CA (???).

Two weeks later, I was contacted to schedule a second panel interview with the same managers/director. The recruiter's email requested that I prepare a (15-min max) presentation on my 30/60/90 day plan, and another (15-min max) presentation on how I implemented a previous client. The date/time and telephone was provided by the recruiter. No further details were provided. The day of my presentation, the hiring manager sent me a WebEx link (with no additional details), for the wrong day/time. At my previously scheduled presentation date/time, I called the telephone number provided by the recruiter. The panel team joined, and then the hiring manager asked me to share my desktop presentation! I was never informed that my presentation was to be shared via WebEx. The hiring manager sent me the WebEx link again. Luckily, my prepared presentation was semi-public facing. If I had been informed in advance that this would be a WebEx presentation, I would have created completely different (better) presentations.

At the end of the presentation, the hiring manager asked if I was in their position, what would I have done differently. I suggested that my details on the presentation expectation could have been given.

After three interviews (two months), it was difficult getting specific details about the department within AmerisourceBergen and any information outside the posted job description. I thoroughly researched the company, but couldn't find anything about the specific department. The interviewers were nice, but the entire process was unorganized and seemed very scripted. Their recruiters seems to not have (or willing to share) sufficient details about this open position. I feel that I was setup to fail by having to give presentations (without instructions) for a non-management role.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working remotely?   1 Answer

Field Reimbursement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call, did phone interview, then was set up for face to face interview. Flew into Charlotte, North Carolina. Where I proceeded to have a one hour interview, present two presentations and also do a sample writing piece.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with J-codes and drugs that have no code assigned to them?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week I got an email asking for hours and days of availability for a phone interview. Two days later I was interviewed, very professional Jessica in headquarters. She explained the hiring process so I was up to date in the process. The pay rate is $14-$16 which I thought was a little low but to start somewhere in the company it was ok. A few days later, I got an email I wasn't chosen but the experience was positive. I emailed a thank you letter for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at AmerisourceBergen?
      Experience questions
      salary requirements   Answer Question

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

It was short, to the point, easy going , and i loved it . Now i simply just typing to get up to 30 words since i cant post without 30 words hopefully this is thirty words.

Interview Questions

• i really do not remember anything=g from my interview. I was asked questions like what would you do if or what did you do in this situation   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Amityville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (North Amityville, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The Recruiter Phone Screen/dialogue was first rate, and totally responsive to my interests. In gact, an alternate, more appropriate position was suggested, and arrangements were rapidly made for a F2F interview at job site. THAT interview was a complete and total disaster. I was told it would be a panel. Instead, only the most junior of the panelists showed up, and clearly exhibited both total disinterest and boredom from first glance---as well as an obvious dislike. Her questions were simply and totally brain-picks to cross-match what they were doing functionally and technically with my experience and knowledge.It was not a Share Your Skills So We Can See How YOU May Fit question process. I was treated with cold, callous disinterest, and No, I was NOT offered the position. I was told that the selection process would take weeks; I was bumped out within 72 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are your Salesforce.com skills? Total, meaningless brain pick ?s followed simply to A stretch the time and B ) to benchmark what they were doing/or should be doing.   1 Answer

Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AmerisourceBergen (Shepherdsville, KY).

Interview

Like most people on here, this interview was a joke. I was qualified for the position, educated, graduated with a high GPA, experience working for one of the world's largest most successful global corporations and they deemed me not good enough for them I am not describing the interview in a negative manner due to bitterness, it honestly was ridiculous. I dressed more professional than the interviewer. He showed up almost 20 minutes late sloppily dressed and then finished the pointless interview by NOT allowing me ask questions about the organization. He never followed up as he had assured he would either. A big joke all around waste of time. Do not bother applying for a position with this place if you are educated or even slightly professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you are proud of most.   1 Answer