Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions in Black Hawk, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.2

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview was easy and nice, I loved my interview with my department manager made me feel very comfortable. I felt very uncomfortable and impersonal when I sat with the General manager and the Food and Beverage Director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Black Hawk.   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

All potential hourly employees attend an initial group interview before a panel of supervisors in one of the casino's hotel suites. Then a second interview with supervisors from your particular department are held; some are one on one and others are panel interviews.

Ameristar Casino Resort and Spa has a huge turnover (maybe that is true for the gaming industry) and they are desperate for employees. If you can form a mostly intelligent sentence while breathing, you will be offered one of the low paying jobs.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time when you received great customer service?" What was it like? How did it make you feel?   Answer Question

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Intense. Phone interview then person interview with HR then interview with Table Games. If selected by you get invited for a audition with 8-10 other dealers. Then you test 3 or 4 different games. The whole time T.G employees are walking around taking notes. You pretty much play the games with all the other dealers auditioning. Then a circle interview with 8+ table games employees.

Associate Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

Ameristar interviewed me for a month before making an offer. The interviewing style was situational. I interviewed with Restaurant Managers, The F&B Director, and the GM. Ameristar does background and drug tests.