Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions in Council Bluffs, IA | Glassdoor

Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions in Council Bluffs, IA

2.8

Hotel Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Everyone had to answer five questions. It was very low pressure and laid back. There were three people that conducted the interview. They were nice and would try to prompt when responses slowed. They do write notes on your responses. There was no order in who responded to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Use three words not phrases to describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • What about your previous experience qualifies you for your position and what made you want to work at Ameristar.   1 Answer

Casino Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and simple. I interviewed with three managers at one time. They made it very laid back and relaxed so it was not nerve racking. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dispute between a dealer and guest?   Answer Question

Banquets Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in October 2010.

Interview

Ameristar Casino at Council Bluffs Iowa Hosts a Job Fair every three month or so, to fill up the required open positions. I attended one of these fairs in beginning of October 2010. After filling up the application the recruiter first talked a little about Ameristar casino and later introduced us to to different managers of different departments for which we applied for. The managers off course went through our applications, and interviewed us in person. In my case i first met with Food and Beverage manager and later with Banquets manager. The questions i was asked were mostly regarding my previous job experience and education level, but also the questions about my overall personality. after F&B and Banquet managers agreed upon my hire i was given a list of errands to complete before the hire was official. First i had to fill out the application online so it was in the system; successfully complete a drug test, Obtain a necessary gaming license that allows me to work on casino property, and schedule for the orientation as well as other classes necessary to perform my job properly. when everything was completed the hiring process was finished and i was scheduled my first date to work in my department. After a month i met with my supervisor to talk about my experience at Ameristar. After 3 month i met with Food and Beverage Manager to talk about my experiences and expectations at the casino. Overall the hiring process was hard and demanding but for someone who is dedicated to the place he applies for from the very moment they step on its grounds, the interviewing process is a peace of cake.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is considered a guest on our property?   1 Answer

Gift Shop Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in August 2009.

Interview

I went to a job fair (submitted application ahead of time), the job fair was a little overwhelming and the wait for anything was long. There was also a TON of paperwork. When you show up you let them know what job(s) you want to interview for. They can fill up, so make sure you put the one you want or are most qualified for first. As a tip: a lot of people show up with their kids or in unprofessional attire. I dressed up and got hired on the spot. Don't be shy, they are looking for people with confidence and good customer service/speaking skills.

Interview Questions

• There were some scenario questions, so be prepared for those types of questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not really any bargaining for pay or hours, they were hiring for something very specific. Be prepared for unpaid training if going for dealer school (it can even be full-time unpaid). Make sure you are available right away, they are usually looking for that. You also must pay for your own gaming license.

Casino Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in January 2009.

Interview

i had worked at Ameristar Casino CB previously for 91/2 yrs so i applied online, had an interview with the Casino Manager (who knew me from prior employment there), went through all the hiring paper work, and was good to go. Advice for applicants; this IS the entertainment business. so if you are shy or withdrawn, this job probably isn't for you. if you are out-going and like people in general, you will probably love it (it will seem like easy money!)