Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.4

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

The interview is offered and confirmed by email. Dress business casual. Panel interview usually held by more than one supervisor. 5 or more people being interviewed at once. May take up to two hours. After interview if offered a position you are scheduled for dealer school.

Valet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview, first there was a phone call that just asked some basic previous employment questions and avilability, then I went in for a 1:1 interview which was also very short. Then there was a "Cultural Audition" so they find wether or not your personality meshes well with the overall atmosphere. Pass those and a drug test and you're golden!

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

cultural/group interview. They threw a ball that had questions on it. Whatever your once was facing you is the question you answer. You answer 3 questions, and there were about 6 other people with me. The "talent" searchers are responsible for interviewing.

Count Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is a panel interview, which makes everything less intimidating. There were people who applyed for different positions present for the panel interview. The recruiters asked us questions and whoever wanted to answer did. (Of course you want to answer as many as possible to get engaged). If you made it past the panel interview, you then interviewed face to face with the manager of the department you applied for.

Interview Questions

• If you could have dinner with any person dead or alive, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

The hiring process was about 2-3 weeks long, had a phone interview with the HR and then scheduled a onsite interview. During onsite, I met with the manager and a team member, they explained what their daily job responsibilities are and asked some behavior questions. After the onsite, had two more phone interviews with the director and VP. The overall interview process was nice and helped me to learn about the role better.

Front Desk Hotel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was contacted by HR about 3 days later. I had a group interview with about 12 people. It wasn't as intimidating as I thought. They were very friendly and they askex questions about your personal experiences not job related. After that the hiring manager pulled me aside and asked for my Professional experience. It was very easy questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you turned a negative customer service issue into a positive one.   Answer Question

Hotel Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Council Bluffs, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Council Bluffs, IA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Everyone had to answer five questions. It was very low pressure and laid back. There were three people that conducted the interview. They were nice and would try to prompt when responses slowed. They do write notes on your responses. There was no order in who responded to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Use three words not phrases to describe yourself.   1 Answer
    • What about your previous experience qualifies you for your position and what made you want to work at Ameristar.   1 Answer

Count Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (East Chicago, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Fun group interview with a panel who asks you about three questions to get a feel of your personality. They take a moment to deliberate and come back and let you know If you advanced to the next step

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Creve Coeur, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

I was hired at a job fair, it was a 3-step process. The first was the preliminary interview to go over your work history and experience. If you pass that step, then you have a group Cultural Audition...this step is to get to know you and how you have reacted in different situations. And lastly, if you pass the CA, then you go and interview with the managers in the department in which you selected to work.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward as I was called and it was set up for the next week I want to say. I arrived and waited for the one to interview me then it was straight forward about the company and expectations then about my background and how I would make a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work at Ameristar?   1 Answer