Ameristar Casinos Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.4

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pool Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

I was contacted about 3 days after filling out an application on Indeed.com. The initial call included a short interview. The woman on the phone asked about my previous work experience, my availablity, and why I wanted to work at Ameristar. The next week I met up with someone else from HR and we had a 20 minute interview together. I received a call the next day asking me to come in for a cultural fit panel interview next week. The panel interview consisted of two HR members and 5 other candidates. It was definitely more laid back but I really enjoyed it. After the interview, we all went down to the employment office and filled out paperwork.

Casino Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Council Bluffs, IA

Interview

Had interview with human resources, then with supervisor of the department, then had a cultural interview with leaders. Another day to do paperwork. Then another day to go get gaming badge.

Surveillance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

It was good and fair. They want to know if you mind working the grave shift, because that is where you will be starting as a rule. It takes quite a while to learn about all the details of the job, and they will ask you if you have the patience to learn, because it could take a year. You are also asked if you can be reliable about showing up to work regularly. You will be working off the point system, and you will be pointed if you miss days or show up late. After 12 points you are fired.

Interview Questions

• Do you play blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Pai Gow, Carnival games, etc.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (East Chicago, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

First had a phone screen with hr manager. Passed that and was asked to come in for in person. Met with Hr manager and another business partner. Went very well and was told that they would be moving forward with me. Was then set up with a phone screen with an HR manager in Lad Vegas. Had a good conversation and was told that the next steps would be go back into East chicago location to meet with some finals directors. After that all communication ended. No one ever followed up with me to schedule or to pass on me. I followed up numerous times and received 0 response. It has been a few months still then and still never heard anything. Super disrespectful and unprofessional. Wasting someone's valuable time and dragging them along in the process and then completely cutting off communication. Will always remember how I was treated and tell others how this casino runs their business. No wonder why they have a hard time keeping employees and have high turnover.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and more of conversation.   1 Answer

Baker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO).

Interview

Group interview (Tons of potential interviewees, couple of interviewers)
    Interviewers ask questions like "who do you look up to," basic boring questions. Nothing exciting.
    Was with at least 30 other interviewees, but no direct competition, which was nice.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Long, lasted about 3 weeks, had 6 interviews . The first was a phone, then I met with a manager, after that the director and fb manager, then the assistant casino manager, then casino manager, and then the panel interview

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos.

Interview

The interview is offered and confirmed by email. Dress business casual. Panel interview usually held by more than one supervisor. 5 or more people being interviewed at once. May take up to two hours. After interview if offered a position you are scheduled for dealer school.

Valet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Very brief interview, first there was a phone call that just asked some basic previous employment questions and avilability, then I went in for a 1:1 interview which was also very short. Then there was a "Cultural Audition" so they find wether or not your personality meshes well with the overall atmosphere. Pass those and a drug test and you're golden!

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Saint Charles, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

cultural/group interview. They threw a ball that had questions on it. Whatever your once was facing you is the question you answer. You answer 3 questions, and there were about 6 other people with me. The "talent" searchers are responsible for interviewing.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Black Hawk, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ameristar Casinos (Black Hawk, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview was easy and nice, I loved my interview with my department manager made me feel very comfortable. I felt very uncomfortable and impersonal when I sat with the General manager and the Food and Beverage Director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Black Hawk.   1 Answer