Ames True Temper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ames True Temper

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ames True Temper (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Interview with outside recruiter, was told no interest. Recruiter called back in a couple of weeks though saying they changed their mind. Interviewed two times on site and received an offer. Accepted offer. Tip, do your research and don't take anything on good faith, if you don't ask for it, it may not be offered even if it is available.

Interview Questions

• All easy, standard stuff. Nothing mind bending if prepared.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just offer to accept or decline.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ames True Temper (Camp Hill, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. Beginning with an hour long telephone interview with the hiring manager, two separate on-site interviews, one with potential peers, the other with internal customers and senior managers; last, a requested interview with the director of operations for vision of current state and future. Combined, it was a very diligent process, making sure that the fit was mutual.

Interview Questions

• what are your future ambitions and how can we [Ames] help to prepare you for them.   Answer Question

Salary Employee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ames True Temper.

Interview

I started as a temp in the offices, and was offered permanent position. No interview. Manager said fill out the app because we need your info and you got the job!

Negotiation

there was none

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ames True Temper in February 2010.

Interview

Initial screening interview via telephone with HR person. Then an interview at the company, briefly with another HR person, then with the hiring manager. The phone interview was about a half hour long. The in-person interview with the HR person was roughly half hour and the interview with the hiring manager was about 45 minutes. Each person was pleasant, friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• How would your supervisor describe you? Would you want his/her job?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with developing a new product from scratch.   Answer Question