Amgen Associate IS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Associate IS Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone screen, they advance you to the next stage if they like you. Telephone interview with hiring manager and lastly on site panel interview (4hrs)
They arrange for flight, rental, hotel ( meals included) plus a tour of the whole city
Everyone was nice and I enjoyed the whole process, be patient as the process can take time from your initial online application to on site interview (if they interested)

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all of the questions but were mostly behavioural questions like
    Tell me about yourself?
    What are your weaknesses? don't come up with internet answers
    If a project experiences a setback, how would you inform or when would you tell the client?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs
    How did you handle conflict?
    Which smartphone OS platform would you recommend? ( looking for critical thinking skills)
    Explain waterfall methodology ( recommend white boarding on this one, outline the stages clearly) try and mention all the documents created in this methodology (   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Associate IS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

After submitting my resume via a college friend who was currently an employee at the company at the time, I was contacted by phone for a phone interview. After the phone interview, they asked me if I could come to Amgen for a 2nd round of interviews which would last most of the day. The 2nd round was scheduled and I attended it in the morning and met with approximately 8 people through out the day. Sometimes 1:1 interviews and other times 3:1. By the afternoon, I had finished with the interviews and left and waited to hear news via a phone call. Once I got a phone call offer, an official offer was mailed to me and I had a short amount of time to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question for me to answer was about my GPA in College since I didn't have the greatest GPA. I was asked that question when I was in a room with 3 interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate a higher offer but since I was straight out of college, I didn't have any room to negotiate and my attempts failed. I ended up accepting the initial offer.