Amgen Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amgen Associate Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter
2. Phone interview with director in the department
3. On site interviews: 4 back to back

All interviews were fairly short (30 min) with no tough questions really--only behavioral, talking through your resume & it was very much conversational in that the interviewers spoke a lot about the department and day-to-day responsibilities for the role. I got the sense in the final interview that they weren't really interested in hiring me. Overall, everyone was nice, and the reimbursement was generous. However, I informed them beforehand that I had other offers at hand and would need a decision promptly. They said the position start date was ASAP, so no worries there...until I had to follow up multiple times weeks after the final interview just to get a generic rejection email. I'm absolutely positive that had I not followed up, I would've been kept in silence. This cost me an offer from another company due to their inefficient, slow response--very disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
    Take me through your resume in ~5 minutes.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Amgen

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen in February 2016.

Interview

HR Phone screen - talked in general about benefits, vacation, etc. Be prepared to field/dodge question about salary at this point.
    Interviews Scheduled - 4 1:1 interviews, One with the department manager, another with the senior manager of the department, another manager of a different area of the department, and another member of the department. For the most part standard interview questions were asked, nothing too crazy.

I heard back about two weeks later from the HR representative who did the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a problem between yourself and a coworker?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

After a phone interview, I was invited to a full day onsite interview. Met with the team, and had short interviews with everyone. Got to take a look at the labs and the equipment that they used. No trick questions, just the typical interview questions about your resume and background. Everyone was friendly and the interview process was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you came across a problem in your work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

-Initial phone screening with an HR representative
    -Follow up phone call with the manager that you will be reporting to
    -Usually then follows up with an all day interview meeting with multiple people at once
    -Mine was different as the group was transitioning so I met with 5 different people for a period of 30 minutes each back to back ending with my future manager

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

First phone call to gauge interest. Second phone call from HR. Third phone call to set up on site interview. Talked with multiple people on the team for 4-5 hours. Interview was very technical and somewhat behavioral. Follow up phone interviews with other members of the team. Took a total of 3-4 months until offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Describe a disagreement you've had with a coworker in dealing with a situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amgen.

Interview

First was a phone interview with a staffing consultant followed by a separate phone interview with one of the hiring managers. The in-person interview was 4 hours long, spoke with 8 people for 30 minutes each. I talked to 4 of those people in person, 2 by teleconference, and 2 by telepresense.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you were working in a team and came across a conflict with another team member, how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview with 9 people, director level to associate level. Extensive two day process. One to one iterviews no panels.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in West Greenwich, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Amgen (West Greenwich, RI) in February 2009.

Interview

Amgen provided travel expenses and planning for the interview process. Travel went smoothly. Communication ahead of time provided some insight into the interview process so I was ready for the day long interview session. The session went smoothly from one interviewer to the next. The interviewers varied from management to shift leads from various areas of the manufacturing process. All interviewers were courteous and answered all questions I had about the position and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed at something and what did you do after?   Answer Question